Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrade on 3- what should I get?

Options
  • 10-09-2008 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭

Got a text from 3 to say I am entitled to an upgrade- which is great but I have no idea what to upgarde to! I have an e65 at the moment, love the music player, internet and the general layout of the phone. Only thing I would change is that it doesn't have a radio. With this in mind, anyone willing to suggest what I should change to?

Thanks for your advice.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

another network

actually just had a look on their site there, the e65 is probably the best phone available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

Yeah I was looking last night and I didn't see anything better, its just I have had this phone for a year now so am tempted to change.

I am happy with the network and not inclined to switch.

the problem with the high end phone is there is nothing better. Rarely happens, because after a year a network should have a better phone, they no longer do the n73 and the n95 8gb or something similar should be available.

Id say just hang on see what they bring out in the next while, there was talk of the n96, but i wouldn't hold my breath. Your 1 year contract is up, but you will continue to be with the network until you say stop, so its not a bad position to be in. As soon as you buy an upgrade the 1 year contract is renewed, but just remember your are not required to upgrade at any particular time.

• Moderators Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭LFCFan

noblestee wrote: »
    another network
    I agree. They rang me up back in Jan to offer me an upgrade because I was a 'special' customer. Funnily enough, I'd rung up a few days earlier to give out about not being able to receive land line texts and was going to leave. I stupidly took them up on their offer, believing them when they said land line text functionality would be coming soon. Needless to say, 8 months later there was still nothing happening on this front and after 5+ phone calls over the past 3 months, they have finally allowed me to give my 30 days notice and leave. Can't happen soon enough. Three suck so badly when it comes to customer service, basic functionality and roaming.

• Advertisement

Yeah, when I got the phone in Nov I didn't really think it was high end but I guess it must be!

Was thinking of the nokia 6500 slide but the reviews see really bad and I am not sure about moving away from Nokia.

As for the network, I have had a few problems but it has always been sorted out in the end

thats exactly it, e65 is a good phone, but not high end, and therein lies 3's problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 dub_and_proud

what discount do you get with an upgrade

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

The E65 is a great handset but it seems to be one of the only decent handsets available. The rest of 3's handset range is generally rubbish at the moment; bar the HTC TyTn II and the Sony Ericsson C902.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

I'm also due an upgrade and my contract expires next month. I'm thinking of getting an iPhone but don't fancy and 18 month contract. I'm looking for a good music/web phone. Will Three bring anything like that out?

• Advertisement

3 text me to say im due an upgrade on payg but all the prices are the same.is that it or do u get a discount

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

In the next 8 weeks you will see the following phones launched on 3. Nokia 6600 flip, nokia 6600 slide, nokia e71, nokia 6220, nokia n96, samsung tocco, samsung u800, samsung l770, sony ericsson c905, sony ericsson w980. As for 3pay upgrade, yes you pay the normal price of the phone and get bonus credit added to your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭randomer

I am a three customer and was due an upgrade earlier in the year, but there was no phones that stood out.

I have just ordered an unlocked 3g Iphone from ebay. Cant wait for it to arrive!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

3 text me to say im due an upgrade on payg but all the prices are the same.is that it or do u get a discount

I've been with them since they launched 3pay but they never offered me an upgrade, probably because I took them to the small claims court, but still.

randomer wrote: »
    I am a three customer and was due an upgrade earlier in the year, but there was no phones that stood out.

I have just ordered an unlocked 3g Iphone from ebay. Cant wait for it to arrive!

This probably a really blonde question but if i buy an unlocked iphone how do i get the internet etc to work with my 3 sim card?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

I've been with them since they launched 3pay but they never offered me an upgrade, probably because I took them to the small claims court, but still.

Funnily enough, I just checked the site and this time I was due an upgrade, but I never received the code it said I should get.

Walkman wrote: »
    In the next 8 weeks you will see the following phones launched on 3. Nokia 6600 flip, nokia 6600 slide, nokia e71, nokia 6220, nokia n96, samsung tocco, samsung u800, samsung l770, sony ericsson c905, sony ericsson w980. As for 3pay upgrade, yes you pay the normal price of the phone and get bonus credit added to your account.
    thanks for that do you know what price they will be on 3pay

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I'll look forward to seeing how much they will want for the N96 seeing as they're looking for €400 for an N95 (not even th 8GB version ) at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Cutie_pc wrote: »
    Only thing I would change is that it doesn't have a radio. With this in mind, anyone willing to suggest what I should change to?

Keep the e65 regardless of your upgrade, it's a great phone, probably the best 3 phone at doing nearly everything (lacks a decent camera and radio)......

I'm due an upgrade shortly probably going to go for the nokia n96 or Sony C905....Have the LG viewty and C902 at the moment, there both worth a look.....the price has come down a lot..

The C905, 8mp Camera, GPS, Wifi, Radio:), better than a nokia battrey.. it has to be good..
    http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/products/mobilephones/overview/c905

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

In the next 8 weeks you will see the following phones launched on 3. Nokia e71

I would certainly look at the E71. I am also on 3 got an E65 last August due to problems I had with Motorola phone, on renewal in February the best they had to offer was still the E65. It is a great little phone, I have Fring running on it, best application for mobile, especially if you have WiFi connection at work :D

Having said all that, not sure If I will stay with Three after next February, getting lots of network busy lately, and when I roam in North it seems to always roam onto T-Mobile even though 3UK is available on manual scan. It defeats the advantage/purpose of '3 Like Home'.

I hate to think of what 3 will charge for the E71, all the reviews look pretty good.

• Advertisement
Advertisement