Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Top Gear Live

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    Wonder if the tout's will get in on the act and start selling the tickets for twice the face value?
    Free market, why not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Bobo78

pbirney wrote: »
    Looks like you got the platinum tickets. They were €95 + booking fee of €5.50.

Yeah your right because girl on the phone told me that there is boking fee of 5.50 Euro.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

s what's the price of each type of ticket then?

seems like just about everyone is paying €100 regardlessof the ticket type from what I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

I was told 75, 85, and 95 for the tickets that went on sale on Wednesday. I only ever got the option to buy the €95 ticket tho

I was told 75, 85, and 95 for the tickets that went on sale on Wednesday. I only ever got the option to buy the €95 ticket tho

The same as me, but i was offered some ticket which was supposed to be the best and it would cost me around 250 euros.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

It looks like complete rubbish like all car shows. €100! you'd want your head examined.

+1. They must be laughing at us over here, climbing over each other to buy tickets for this...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

yeah, I'd say they're laughing all the way to the bank. :mad:

http://www.mphshow.co.uk/page.cfm/link=69
    UK Ticket Prices for the MPH Show 'featuring' Top Gear Live

Prices
    Platinum Ticket £105
    Gold Ticket £56
    Silver Ticket £38
    Exhibition Only Ticket £25

Don't forget tickets to MPH featuring Top Gear Live at the NEC, Birmingham include free entry to the Classic Motor Show on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Platinum Ticket £105 includes:
    (Available on Saturday & Sunday only)

Excellent seat at Top Gear Live
    Access to MPH Prestige & Performance Motor Show
    Paddock Tour where you will see all the behind-the-scenes activity
    Access to the VIP Enclosure
    Two course meal and four complimentary drinks (Beer, Wine & Soft Drinks)
    Refreshments served all day (Pastries, Cakes, Tea & Coffee)
    The Big Book of Top Gear 2009 (Hardback) worth £12.99
    Official Show Guide worth £12

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

They seem to change their minds all the time, i enquired about tickets months back when only corp were on sale and was told something like min booking of 6 tickets and 255 each but another person was told 225 each min booking of 10.

<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭fletch

More tickets on sale next Tuesday morning, September 16th.
    http://www.topgear.com/content/news/stories/3220/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

fletch wrote: »
    More tickets on sale next Tuesday morning, September 16th.
    http://www.topgear.com/content/news/stories/3220/

Is that for an extra date or did they just hold back some for the existing days?

Also there was talk over on the Top Gear forum that it's only going to be JC and Richard, but all the promo stuff included James May, can anyone shed any light on whether he'll be there too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Pixie4

Lola Dub

Just to let you know I rang the number given on the website and they sold me two VIP/Corp tickets for 280 yo yo's each...there was no mention of minimum numbers for booking these.....early Xmas pressie so hope they are worth it!!!!

They really do change their mind all the time about the ticket prices!!! I got bt tickets for the launch night. Has anyone received tickets yet?

No, i didnt get the tickets yet, i ordred them last Wednesday and i m hoping to get them next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

I think the tickets should be delivered about 2 weeks before the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

will these shows be on BBC or are they just special performances?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 breid

dubmick wrote: »
    will these shows be on BBC or are they just special performances?

these are part of a roadshow that Top Gear decided to do, separately
    from TV show.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

shilly posts and comments deleted

Everyone can figure out for themselves where to get tickets at what price, no "helpful" posts from outside compinies required, thank you very much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

It looks like complete rubbish like all car shows. €100! you'd want your head examined.

+1, rubbish.

Sorry for trying to be helpful, peasant.
    Do have an exciting life.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Maybe I should post this in consumer affairs but anyhoo..I bought the Top Gear Live Brown thomas limited edition tickets. At the time I was happy for any ticket so didnt mind listening to all the Brown thomas comercial BS. Anyway today my vouchers for brown thomas arrived. Included in my 2 tickets are 2 50 euro brown thomas vouchers. Sounds good but get this, the vouchers can only be used in the menswear department of BT, and only for purchases of €250 or more.

Is it just me or is that very restrictive? I have not been to the show yet and already there is a bad taste in my mouth about it. On the one hand I want to get my 50 euro's worth but on the other thats obviously what they want. What should I do?

Not sure if anyone posted this but brown thomas now have a ferrari 599, audi r8, porsche 356 and a ford gt from sport and classic in their store now. They've changed the menswear department again and it seems to have halfed inside and turned into a gigantic mirror! Brought someone in to get an idea of Christmas presents with these vouchers but the store look was awful it was hard to shop! And i'm a woman!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

syklops wrote: »
    Maybe I should post this in consumer affairs but anyhoo..I bought the Top Gear Live Brown thomas limited edition tickets. At the time I was happy for any ticket so didnt mind listening to all the Brown thomas comercial BS. Anyway today my vouchers for brown thomas arrived. Included in my 2 tickets are 2 50 euro brown thomas vouchers. Sounds good but get this, the vouchers can only be used in the menswear department of BT, and only for purchases of €250 or more.

Is it just me or is that very restrictive? I have not been to the show yet and already there is a bad taste in my mouth about it. On the one hand I want to get my 50 euro's worth but on the other thats obviously what they want. What should I do?

It was widely known about the restrictions on the vouchers - it wasn't hidden or omitted from the ticket website or anything.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Hey Skylops,
    when the shows are on you'll probably double your money
    on the tickets outside ! Theres a huge demand for them.
    Forget BT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Oh I still want to go, its just a bit annoying. And where was the restrictions on the vouchers shown? To be honest I would probably be complaining less, if I didnt get any voucher. Its just annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭pbirney

ciarsd wrote: »
    It was widely known about the restrictions on the vouchers - it wasn't hidden or omitted from the ticket website or anything.

I saw mention on the website about the €250 minimum spend but I didn't see anything to say that you could only use the vouchers in the menswear dept.

~Paul.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

I was just suprised by the missus earlier today with two BT tickets so am bringing a mate who asked a good question:

What exactly does a BT ticket get you at the show. I can't find any info on them on the topgearlive.ie site

Anyone here care to enlighten me please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

I believe it gives you access to the 'Paddock' whatever that may be (some say a mobile Sports & Classic showroom), premium seating, and a voucher for BT menswear (to be used by Nov 2nd!)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

cheers FINALLY found it on their site it's
      Premium Seat at the live theatre performance An exclusive tour of the backstage paddock area Access to our Prestige & Performance show, including: The hall of fame, Car Stuff, Stig's Lair and our 4x4 experience A complimentary Top Gear Live Showguide

*mental note, give the missus an extra big thank you in the morning :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement