Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Top Gear Live

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭dunkindonuts

I got my tickets today, cant wait :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Well everybody who bought the BT tickets were supposed the get the backstage wristbands anyway so it certainly should not be considered a consolation prize for not getting the BT voucher. The BT voucher was just a ploy to lure people into buying a ticket.

for anyone who bought a BT ticket and didn't get a voucher and wants to get their cash difference back submit a complaint online at http://www.consumerconnect.ie/eng/Working_With_You/Submit_a_Consumer_Complaint/ as Ticketmaster do not seem to be willing to refund the difference (going by contact with them today)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Ronan H

By the way, I forgot to mention above that the girl on the phone said that you had to spend either €250 or €300 in BT before you could use the voucher that was supposed to be with the ticket... I never saw that written anywhere either when I purchased the ticket originally...

*** wanders off and clicks on the Consumer Connect link ***

Head

:confused: Sorry I think I have confused myself now. Are we saying that people who paid €100 for a BT ticket and only got a wristband should not have paid that much? If so, what should it have cost?

I just want to get my story straight if I'm going to pursue it through Consumer Connect...

Thanks.

Dopey Head

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭caze

Got my tickets today! Bit ironic that the Top Gear show is a no parking event as the info with the tickets is that no parking facilities are available at the RDS.
    Doesn't bother me too much but I know a good few lads travelling up from the country for this and they will have to rethink their plans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭BoardsRanger

caze wrote: »
    Got my tickets today! Bit ironic that the Top Gear show is a no parking event as the info with the tickets is that no parking facilities are available at the RDS.
    Doesn't bother me too much but I know a good few lads travelling up from the country for this and they will have to rethink their plans.

Just after looking at my tickets and cant believe it is a "no parking event"! tis a joke. The carpark at simmonscourt is huge- if they are gonna use all that space it must be some show!

it actually says it on the tickets. the reason it's a no parking event is because there will apparently be sports events on at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

WTF do you mean, a 'no parking event' ?

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

miju wrote: »
    it actually says it on the tickets. the reason it's a no parking event is because there will apparently be sports events on at the same time.
    so the people watching the match will be able to park at simmonscourt? will just say im going to the match so!!;)
    in fairness though, it is alittle ironic for a car show to be a no car parking event! and there are lots of people who dont live in dublin going to this. think i may get the dart:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Tickets arrived yesterday :) And lads the Dart isn't that far if you're on the line!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

Tickets arrived yesterday for my brother and boyfriend. I'm planning on dropping the pair of them out to it on the day.

For all those people not from Dublin, just park somewhere along the bus/dart route and head over that way. It might actually be better that way because it means you won't be stuck in tons of traffic with all the other cars who are normally trying to get out of the carpark at the same time at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭caze

galwaytt wrote: »
    WTF do you mean, a 'no parking event' ?

yeah the information with the tickets is saying not to drive to the event, have a look here also......

http://www.topgearlive.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=12&Itemid=26

lads just an update for anyone who didn't get a BT voucher. Consumer Connect have been back on to me and Ticketmaster are in breach of the Consumer Protection Act 2007 for not sending out the vouchers / limiting them without informing anyone.

So I'd advise anyone to submit their complaint to them online using this link. Apparently Ticketmaster can recieve quite a hefty fine of about 1k per offence to boot :)

And yes I know it's only €10 but it's the principal of the thing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

If you're driving, try and find somewhere on the Dart Line to park. The RDS is within walking distance of Sydney Parade, Landsdowne Road and above all Sandymount Dart Stations.

You can also get a 4,7,8 or 45 to the Merrion Road, and a 46A/145/etc will take you to the Dual Carriageway, from where the RDS is a five minute walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 gmurray

i got my top gear tickets today, however they were different seats from the ones i ordered online. I had block a row a!! the ones they sent me out were block q row h. Did anyone else have the same problem?

when i phoned to complain they told me that there was a layout change and they said the seats are the same if not better. am not very happy at forking out 200 and getting the wrong seats:mad:

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,515 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Im in row N seats 98 and 99. Not sure what they are like. This may be them:

10521s.gif

lads just an update for anyone who didn't get a BT voucher. Consumer Connect have been back on to me and Ticketmaster are in breach of the Consumer Protection Act 2007 for not sending out the vouchers / limiting them without informing anyone.

So I'd advise anyone to submit their complaint to them online using this link. Apparently Ticketmaster can recieve quite a hefty fine of about 1k per offence to boot :)

i didnt think ticketmaster were the ones selling the tickets though? who did you put down as the name of trader?

antodeco wrote: »
    Im in row N seats 98 and 99. Not sure what they are like. This may be them:

10521s.gif
    dont think that is the correct seating chart? appears different in another thread

see here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=57882402&postcount=160

i didnt think ticketmaster were the ones selling the tickets though? who did you put down as the name of trader?

sorry I meant RDS Tickets

dont think that is the correct seating chart? appears different in another thread

see here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=57882402&postcount=160

Thanks for that. Yeah I'd say your link is the correct one. The other one looks like a boxing match layout...

I'm hoping it's your link thats correct anyway coz if so my seat is looking good in Row E...

Head

• Advertisement

Hi, quick update. I found a seating layout on the TGL wevsite just now. Of course its totally unreadable which makes a lot of sense! If anyone can see a way of making it bigger that would be great...

http://www.topgearlive.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=28&Itemid=42

Head

Head wrote: »
    Hi, quick update. I found a seating layout on the TGL wevsite just now. Of course its totally unreadable which makes a lot of sense! If anyone can see a way of making it bigger that would be great...

http://www.topgearlive.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=28&Itemid=42

Head

Also saw that seating chart on their website! you would think who ever uploaded that chart on the website might have thought to him/herself "thats abit small, dont think anybody will be able to read it"! and upload a legible version.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭It BeeMee

Well in fairness there's not a lot to see on it. The main areas are easily visible, but there is no detail on what all the small stands are. If you don't believe me, copy it into Paint or something and stretch it to your liking.

Also: "This is a representation of the Event Layout and subject to change at any time".

Hopefully there will be more detail nearer the time...

It BeeMee wrote: »
    Well in fairness there's not a lot to see on it. The main areas are easily visible, but there is no detail on what all the small stands are. If you don't believe me, copy it into Paint or something and stretch it to your liking.

Also: "This is a representation of the Event Layout and subject to change at any time".

Hopefully there will be more detail nearer the time...

Knew my eyesight was going bad! i copied it and zoomed as much as i could and still could not see any seat chart lettering!
    *heads out to specsavers*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

I remember at the time of booking that it was mentioned on RDStickets website (in small print somewhere), that it was limited to the first 2000 bookings, so the public were told about this before booking, & how do you prove that you are in the first 2000 ?

Mc-BigE wrote: »
    I remember at the time of booking that it was mentioned on RDStickets website

well for a start not everyone used the website. Small print "somewhere" is also misleading consumers which is against the same act.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Cunning Alias

If this is the same as the MPH show they did in London, I wouldn't expect too much from the live show. My dad and I weren't overly impressed. If its similar, the main floor is savage. Nearly every (european) car you would want to see (except a veyron). Wasn't much in the way of Japanese or US cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

Lads,

Im driving up from Cork Sunday morning for the lunchtime show, where's the best place to park?,
    should i park as close to the RDS as possible or should i leave my car somewhere outside the city on the south side say, and get the bus/dart/luas
    to the RDS?
    any suggestions of routes/bus numbers/ luas/dart stations to get would be welcome.

park somewhere in town and get the Dart as its only 5 mins walk from the Dart station would be what I would do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

park somewhere in town and get the Dart as its only 5 mins walk from the Dart station would be what I would do.

That's what I'm thinking of doing. Could you recommend any car parks around Connolly?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement