Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Top Gear Live

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭CR 7

meeuws is the best vehicle this century.......MEEUWS!!!!!!!!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Nomad81

Received my tickets in the post 2 weeks ago.

Looked in my letterbox last night to see 2 new tickets to TGL. Apparently, there was a layout change and my seats were re-issued. I was moved to an adjacent block and moved from row T to row V. They issued me a pair of "backstage" passes for the inconvenience. By the looks of it though, almost every Tom, Dick and Harry has backstage passes, so I don't know what to expect there.

Not too happy about the change, but hoping that getting moved 2 rows backwards in an adjacent block isn't going to be too bad compared to the first set of tix I got.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

miju wrote: »
    park somewhere in town and get the Dart as its only 5 mins walk from the Dart station would be what I would do.
    driving up myself from galway on fri
    silly question but to which dart station , and where from???
    (dont get to dublin much :()......

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

minxie1 wrote: »
    driving up myself from galway on fri
    silly question but to which dart station , and where from???
    (dont get to dublin much :()......

Head to Sandymount Dart station, it's 2 mins down the road from the RDS. I take it you'll be leaving the motor in town so hop on at any of the following.
    Pearse - 6 mins Dart journey
    Tara St. - 8 mins
    Connolly - 9/10 mins

Ticket would be €2.80 - I think for a return, €1.50 single.

Now we can show all those wimmen what it's like having manly men overrun the RDS for once, balls to your fashion shows ladies! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

went to see top gear live in birmingham the week before last. there was a huge sports and classic show on in the nec and the tg gig was just part of it. just as well, quite disappointing, heavily coreographed and scripted, not snappy enough at all. a few special effects and some synchronised driving but nothing too spectacular at all. we paid something like £40 but that gave us entry to the car show all weekend (which was fantastic) so we weren't too put out. gotta say if i had paid €100 just to see the tg thing alone i would be asking for my money back : (((

hope you get a better show in the rds lads!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭piskins72

any one after getting an email about the Dart on sat and sun?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Lexus1981

Hey all - pretty new here. Was lucky enough to get tickets to the show for Saturday myself. Got them as a present for xmas so I wasn't the one to hand out all that dough! A mate of mine was saying there's an alloy wheel place trading in wheels at the show - think they're called Route 66.
    Might be worth checkin out. What days are you guys going?

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭green-blood

turning up at a Top Gear show by public transport - the shame!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭MarkN

Saw an SLR and some sort of Masserati with Damien Gilson Motor Co plates on it being driven to the RDS today.

I expect to see Richford Motor Co, Sport and Classic, Des Cullen and Gilson Motor Co all trying to flog cars at this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

for anyone interested todays Irish Times had a nice big 20 page pull out for Top Gear Live today inlcuded a list of all cars on show (including an Opel Corsa WTF???????? ) and a map of the venue :)

• Advertisement

Saw that supplement today alright, nice keepsake!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

Not to be a downer or anything but, as a huge car enthusiast I can honestly say that I am so glad Im not going to this, it's guaranteed to be the biggest load of rubbish ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

*Tripper* wrote: »
    Not to be a downer or anything but, as a huge car enthusiast I can honestly say that I am so glad Im not going to this, it's guaranteed to be the biggest load of rubbish ever.

How is it? There's going to be the whole show with the 4 presenters and there's some really rare cars like the Veyron, Koenigsegg, Gumpert, Diablo 6.0, LP640......I'm not going but I wish I was, just don't really have 100 Euro to spend on a show at the moment. Any car enthusiast would have a great time there, I think you're just a bit miserable so think next time before you post, yeah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

No any *real* car enthusiast won't be there.

While I'm sure you like cars, it doesn't give you license to be a dick. Either stop trolling or take it elsewhere.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Yeah I 100% agree. I'll be thinking of that while I'm back in the paddock area looking at all the **** going on and getting to sit in an Alfa 8C (one of only 500 due to be made) as well as all the other rare cars.

Jealous much LOL :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭dunkindonuts

What a load of crap, what age are you?? You sound like a under age kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I don't normally work weekends but my boss wants me to man a stand there, so I get to go but I have to work. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

I don't normally work weekends but my boss wants me to man a stand there, so I get to go but I have to work. :(
    will look out for you so :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    went to see top gear live in birmingham the week before last. there was a huge sports and classic show on in the nec and the tg gig was just part of it. just as well, quite disappointing, heavily coreographed and scripted, not snappy enough at all. a few special effects and some synchronised driving but nothing too spectacular at all. we paid something like £40 but that gave us entry to the car show all weekend (which was fantastic) so we weren't too put out. gotta say if i had paid €100 just to see the tg thing alone i would be asking for my money back : (((

This thing has rubbish written all over for it. You people are crazy to be spending more than €40 for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Ronan H

It baffles me why people see the need to go out of their way to make others feel bad about buying tickets / attending this show. Comments such as "it's guaranteed to be the biggest load of rubbish ever" and other sweeping generalised statements are a ridiculous way of getting your point across...

Fair enough, if you think it's not going to be impressive, say so, but do it in a reasonable manner and not in a way that makes others out to be stupid or whatever else. A point in case being a comment by MCMLXXV earlier, which was made in a reasonable and objective fashion and didnt try to make others out to be stupid etc...

"went to see top gear live in birmingham the week before last. there was a huge sports and classic show on in the nec and the tg gig was just part of it. just as well, quite disappointing, heavily coreographed and scripted, not snappy enough at all. a few special effects and some synchronised driving but nothing too spectacular at all. we paid something like £40 but that gave us entry to the car show all weekend (which was fantastic) so we weren't too put out. gotta say if i had paid €100 just to see the tg thing alone i would be asking for my money back : (((

"

This business of ridiculing others about things that you disagree with (or whatever else) is one of the worst aspects of the Internet and community boards like this, and along with anonymity it's even worse, but unfortunately is an unavoidable aspect of the technological age. You just have to hope that the people that offer their opinions on boards such as this have the decency to do it in a reasonable fashion as opposed to having a go at others while doing it. For the most part this is the case, but as usual there will always be a few who lower the tone!

Head :mad:

This business of ridiculing others about things that you disagree with (or whatever else) is one of the worst aspects of the Internet and community boards like this, and along with anonymity it's even worse,

I'd advise you to unplug yourself from the internet if thats the case, don't want you balling crying every few posts now.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Damomayo

Going there friday, hope to have a good time ........ went to one in silverstone a few years ago and it was brill; don't expect this to be as good ....... BUT defo worth going to!!! Enjoy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

ah ! enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Ronan H

I'd advise you to unplug yourself from the internet if thats the case, don't want you balling crying every few posts now.

As I said earlier, I have no problem with people voicing their opinions about things as long as they do it in a respectful manner. There's no need to ridicule others just because of a difference of opinion.

Head

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭mountain

im going sat night, what stand you on?

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭CPG

qz wrote: »
    Two big threads in the Top Gear forum here and here.

I'm more than happy to pay €100+ to see the three in action. When will I ever get another chance? It's better than blowing €100 on a night out or on clothes or consoles or whatever imo.

You said it matey, too many people blow €100+ on booze and other useless toys and crap, but on a night out to see top gear? oooohhh mad need your head examined, blah blah blah blah

CPG wrote: »
    You said it matey, too many people blow €100+ on booze and other useless toys and crap, but on a night out to see top gear? oooohhh mad need your head examined, blah blah blah blah
    You can't just equate the cost of eveything to to some wild wasteful night out. It really annoys me when people do that 'but sure its only the price of a few pints'.

€100 is a serious amount of money for a few hours entertainment. I've spent €200 on a weekend at the Nurburgring driving a serioius car and having two big nights out but of course I'm actually into cars and value.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Maybe wait with condemning the show until it's actually happened?

You know ...see what it's like first? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 barry1

going sunday cant wait!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement