Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Top Gear Live

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

Head wrote: »
    Right, I'll be skipping the Paddock Tour then!

Thanks for your help Lola!

Head

You're welcome. I wouldn't pay extra for the paddock tour at all but i do hope you all enjoy it, at least now you have low expectations so maybe you'll be pleasantly surprised!

I only saw a diablo also.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

tdc wrote: »
    No lambo murcielago?

Not that I can remember. Only Lambo I saw was the Diablo, unless it was in the famous Paddock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

LolaDub wrote: »
    I can't see anything that could ruin the show from what you've quoted but as it offends you i'll edit show details.

Er there was no offence..I just asked nicely if you would take out a full description of 'the finale' from your post..you and I might have thought it was a bit pants but it's nice that it stays a surprise for some....so thanks for doing that.
    pburns: As for the person complaining about spoilers - it's a goofy car show not a film with a 'Crying Game'-like twist...FFS!!!!

Pburns, I didn't 'complain' about spoilers ~ see above :rolleyes: There are some that really enjoyed the ending ~ why ruin it for them???

Boardsranger: I think they are more restrictive on the weekend timings? We were the only show on last night so got in at 5pm for the half 7 show ~ had plenty of time for a wander round and a bite to eat but aren't they doing more than one show on the weekend dates? If so, they'll obviously stagger entry...

This was the lambo in the 'exhibition area' beforehand...
    HNtGLv52_239242d.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Ronan H

Looks quite uncrowded there, not jammed in like sardines like was suggested earlier. But maybe that was going on behind the camera and you were lucky to be at the front ;).

Head

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

Head wrote: »
    Looks quite uncrowded there, not jammed in like sardines like was suggested earlier. But maybe that was going on behind the camera and you were lucky to be at the front ;).

Head

Nope ~ nicked this photo from the Herald online :D

Oh, to the person who asked about the camera ~ my Dad is a 'proper' photographer so had a camera as big as a car...and he was grand ~ not stopped or anything ~ and you wouldn't be hiding it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

LolaDub wrote: »
    The people i went with were bored after 20 mins, i'd say an hour is a good amount of time to see the cars bearing in mind you can't get into them and theres quite a crowd so photos are difficult etc

Did you really think they would let the thousands of people at it sit in each and everyone of these cars? If it was your car, would you like everyone from the show to sit in it?!

Im going tonight and i cant wait for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

I take it that Diablo belongs to a certain Boards member?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

I think its Jenny something - afaik a clothes designer of some sort (at least according to the paper during the week)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

TheBazman wrote: »
    I think its Jenny something - afaik a clothes designer of some sort (at least according to the paper during the week)

I didn't think so, but maybe. Indeed it is a Boards (and Octane) member, she also donated her TVR Sagaris and a Morgan Aero 8.

Great gesture on her part, fair play to her for giving them up for the weekend and letting other people enjoy them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

I didn't think so, but maybe. Indeed it is a Boards (and Octane) member, she also donated her TVR Sagaris and a Morgan Aero 8.

Great gesture on her part, fair play to her for giving them up for the weekend and letting other people enjoy them.

Agreed, many thanks to her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I'm out here at the moment. I'd never seen a Jaguar XJ220 in the flesh and OMG it's stunning.

So so many nice cars. Heh heh I might have to abandon my stand later and go walkabout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

I'm out here at the moment. I'd never seen a Jaguar XJ220 in the flesh and OMG it's stunning.

So so many nice cars. Heh heh I might have to abandon my stand later and go walkabout.

must be a kicking event if you have time to go online whilst you're there?:p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

I went and have mixed feelings about last nights show.
    It was entertaining in parts, had some cool cars on display, but really was not worth the ticket price!

I was in Block A (far right) and had to strain to get any sort of decent view of the action. Overall....not worth the €75 - €115 ticket price.

Speaking of the cars on display - what was the story with the reg plates on the TVR (and another car there) ?
    The TVR plate read .... '7 - W - 8' ???
    Is it a '07 reg with the '0' dropped for the show? (i.e. a show plate put on it)??

The girls on the car stands .....my god there were some stunners there!
    And the girls in the 'Route66' yellow suits.....drool:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

If you look through the HWST you'll find '7 - W - 8'.
    The girls on the car stands .....my god there were some stunners there!
    And the girls in the 'Route66' yellow suits.....drool :D

Pictures or it didn't happen! :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

I've been following this thread, I'm a bit disheartened at the comments as I'm going tomorrow but I guess I'll try to make the best of it.

Will anyone else be there tomorrow for the 2 O'clock show?
    Anyone interested in meeting up for a motors pint or two?

Anyway, I'm in block Q row K, are those seats are any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

SteveC wrote: »
    I've been following this thread, I'm a bit disheartened at the comments as I'm going tomorrow but I guess I'll try to make the best of it.

Me too, I caught the last 20 minutes of it last night and thought it was pretty cool - car football and the big Stig finale (which we're not allowed to discuss :p).
    I thought it looked pretty cool, but now I'm half dreading it - I've got a ticket for 11am on Sunday and I'm starting to wonder if I'm better off dreaming of what I'm missing rather than going along and being disappointed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

SteveC wrote: »
    Anyway, I'm in block Q row K, are those seats are any good?

I was Block Q, row G, the view is alright but for some reason, Jezza and the rest of them done most of the show to the right hand side of the stage (and block Q is on the left hand side)

Just back and really enjoyed it. Maybe its because everyone was so negative that I wasnt expecting much. Arrived around 45mins before the show - huge queue but doors opened shortly after that and the queue disappeared very quickly. Took some quick pics of the Diablo, GT2 and others inside the door. The bits of top gear and ads on the screens before hand were fine. I was in B and the view of the show was grand - obviously there are some bits that you could see better than others. Altho the show is rehearsed it is just a spectacle and very entertaining. Afterwards went straight to the exhibition area - this is where all the super/luxury cars were - Veyron, Gumpert, XJ220, R8, Porsche Turbo, Phantom, SLR, Ford GT, 599.... - really nice to see and get some pics of (I'm on dialup at the moment so not really a runner to load up). Overall I'm really satisfied and glad to have seen it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

TheBazman wrote: »
    Just back and really enjoyed it.

Good to hear some positive comments!

Glad you enjoyed it, I hope I do.

two quick pics

309ne3o.jpg

r7564n.jpg

• Advertisement

They're on RTE1 now talking about it..

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,515 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Enjoyed the show myself. Was at the night show there. Some good stunts and stuff. Great to see the Veyron and Grumpet up close. Plus, my dream car of the mustang GT was there! Recommended, but perhaps at a bit of a lesser cost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Is it just me, but whats the point in splashing out lots of cash and going to a shows like this to look at exotic cars behind velvet ropes?

a weekend away in Monaco for similar layout could be had to see these cars on every street?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

just back myself had a great night....:D
    heres a few pics...:p

Is it just me, but whats the point in splashing out lots of cash and going to a shows like this to look at exotic cars behind velvet ropes?

a weekend away in Monaco for similar layout could be had to see these cars on every street?

a weekend in Monaco for €100 ?

Anyway its a bit like saying why would you pay to view an exhibition at an art gallery, why do people pay to go to the theatre... Its entertainment. If it doesnt float your boat thats fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I heard that they have no carparking at the venue.

Oh, the ironing. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Rallysnapper

a few pics from the opening night here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭markos79

was at top gear tonight great show and some nice car in the paddock.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Bond-007 wrote: »
    I heard that they have no carparking at the venue.

I found free parking near to the RDS... :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭cbyrne

a few pics from the opening night here

hope the revenue inspectors aren't around ballsbridge this weekend, they wont know where to look with all those lovely yellow regs!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement