Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lehman Brothers

• 10-09-2008 11:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭

So is anyone following this ? I've had the last month off so have been going nuts on the financials.

I was convinced it was going to go bust - there seems to have been a big uptake in after market trading (Dont know who is buying it though)

They announce their earnings early again - they were forced into it last quarter.

I think this will be a very interesting week for them. I'm going in the direction of another Bear Stearns. Has anyone any exposure to any of this?

It also seems everyone who was in the running to take on some of their assets / inject capital has walked away (Probably in the hope of collecting at a real knock down price)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Idu

Well their shares were down 84% at one stage yesterday. Doesn't really get much more knockdown than that.

Their earnings should make for an interesting afternoon's trading though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Could have been a lot worse. Less than 5 billion dolla

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Spectrum48k

It was interesting to see the Lehman news coming on the heels of Fanny and Freddie at the weekend.

The bailout had the markets surging up, but Lehmans have brought things back to reality.

I think we have a good bit to go before the market turns the corner. Fanny and Freddie may end up being a dead cat bouce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

daveirl wrote: »

Sorry my bad, I meant to say 84% on the year

• Advertisement

daveirl wrote: »

There earnings were very relevant! A loss of 3.9 billion. Before earnings announcement pre market was about 9 bucks a pop - that quickly went down.

I reckon they will get bought out as they;ve had a lot of interest previously for bits of the company or the company as a whole. Everyone is just waiting to see if they can get them at $2 a pop

3.88 ! I'm half tempted to go outside their office to find out the gossip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭DJDC

3.88 ! I'm half tempted to go outside their office to find out the gossip.

Yo,you at a BBG terminal? I'd love to see how their CDS offers have blown out today.

Check this out: http://news.hereisthecity.com/news/business_news/8211.cntns

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ixus

Last time I checked, CDS were at 730bps, nice discussion here.

• Advertisement

Well now I've heard they will be bought out this weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

Advertisement