Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Behavioural change in 10 year old Terrier

Options
  • 10-09-2008 11:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭

Hi all
    My family have a ten year old terrier bitch and since the past weekend she's been shivering, whining, howling first thing in the morning and avoiding the things she usually likes. When my dad leaves the room she seems to fret more and she has taken out digging in a corner of the garden and seems to be breathing differently through her nose. I don't know if these are all related or what and none of us are dog experts so wondering if anyone can shed light on the matter? thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,530 ✭✭✭✭fits

Take her to the vet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭jenpup

I'd bring her to the vet, she could be sick or in pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Yeh i agree with the two posters above.I wouldnt begin to attempt to comment on what could be wrong. She sounds very very stressed about something anyway...take her straight to your vet!

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Beth

Take her to the Vet ASAP. A change like that needs to be investigated by a professional. No matter how many guesses people might offer, a drastic change like that - she needs to see a vet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭fifomania

Thanks so much for the replies. Gonna get my parents to take her asap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Beth

Let us know how it goes :)

Advertisement