Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC down ? [Wednesday 10 September 1200 GMT]

Options
  • 10-09-2008 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭

I'm in Swords.

My UPC connection just died on my with only the "DS" lamp flashing on the modem but no internet connection possible.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Phone UPC. Ask for compensation for all downtime. Don't accept shoddy service. :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Compensation for maybe a days downtime?
    Your kidding me right?
    no ISP can give 100% uptime, how about phone UPC and see if there's an outage, of course only do this after you've power cycled your cable modem (very basic troubleshooting) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Well getting an answer here is usualy faster than for UPC to pick up the phone.

Well after he accused me of telling gob****e (i.e. your modem is up for 21 minutes now) despite me clearly seeing it is not he finaly gave the standard "they are working in your area", "I give this to my supervisor" and than set my expectatioin that service will not resume before this evening.

Funtastis, I wish to thank O2 for offering cheap High Speed internet as backup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Cabaal wrote: »
    Compensation for maybe a days downtime?
    Your kidding me right?

I'm deadly serious. If it's down for an hour or so fair enough, once it's a day they should compensate customers. If it's hitting them financially they'd pull their socks up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

I've been compensated by UPC in the past even without demanding it - I usually fire off an email to them because the phone support is useless anyway. While they don't get back to me until at least 4 days later (by which time the problem has always sorted itself out), they reply in their mail that they will credit me for the downtime (1 day or whatever it was when I sent the mail) and this shows up in my next bill. Demanding 100% uptime may be unreasonable but a whole day of downtime or more is pretty serious and why should the customer put up with it?

• Advertisement

Is anybody else in Swords down too?

Well I'm back now ...

Advertisement