Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting someone to move in in your place

Options
  • 10-09-2008 12:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭

Hi lads,
    Myself and two friends signed a 12 month contract with a booking agency for an apartment.

We had to get 2 references (work and landlord) give our PPS numbers, bank details etc.

I'm going to be moving out in February as I've decided to go off travelling for a year. I completely understand that I will be breaking the contract that I signed - a contract is a contract.

However, I have a number of friends who would move into the place in a split second, and they could all get references etc. and hand them in, and move in in my place. Does anyone have any ideas what will happen here?

Would the general thing happening in this situation be, that I can get someone to move in in my place, with all the relevant forms, references etc. and I get my deposit back as long as everything is fine and not damaged etc. or will the landlord be likely to come after me for rent for the rest of the year?

I know it depends on the landlord and what they will do in this situation, but its the booking agency that we're dealin with, and lets just say that they don't have the best reputation for giving deposits back....at all..

Also - if things to go belly up, and I have to move out with nobody moving in in my place, what can they do with my PPS number - do they give you a bad credit rating using your PPS number, or whats it for?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,396 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Its quite normal to have people move out and be replaced. talk to the landlord in say December and tell them what you want to arrange.
    Also - if things to go belly up, and I have to move out with nobody moving in in my place, what can they do with my PPS number - do they give you a bad credit rating using your PPS number, or whats it for?
    This si really so they can register you with the PRTB, but you should be signing the form anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭white_falcon

yea, well I'm thinking of telling them within the next month, so they can't say they didnt have enough notice.

Just curious to see what they're going to do about my deposit...I have a feeling they'll say its void if I do it, as they're always keeping peoples deposits.

On that note - the deposit is for broken stuff and things above normal wear and tear isnt it - if I move out, they shouldn't be able to keep my deposit for that reason should they?

Advertisement