Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

23 year old trying to live the dream

• 10-09-2008 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

hi everyone im 23 and have saved up €20,000 some of it through shares i cashed out and made a few quid some of it through gambling which i have been pretty good at but dont want to rely on as i feel it can mess to much with your emotions. i was considering buying a house for around €350,000 but with the way it is now im going to wait. i have no debts and have a car fully paid off.

so my plan; to invest the money fo 1 year and make some profit for when i hopefully buy a place next year.

i know halifax is giving a 5.6% interest for lump sums for 1 year that seems the best i can get i would also be intersted in maybe putting €5000 into high risk investments willing to loose it as i do like a gamble.

i would love to hear peoples advice. even to educate me on pros and cons as i have little experience. i like to keep dreaming f being successful so these bits of advice will help

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭sock.rocker*

i have no advice but i hav to say well done on where your at already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 QS THIS

Im in the same boat pal, but 22 , have go 10,500 , and no idea where to put it, i bought a house as an investment when i was about 19, (garentured of course) but i have no idea what to do with the 10 k, i was looking into trees in costa rica, which seems like a good plan, especially with this eco world we are now living in.

cosher10 wrote: »
    hi everyone im 23 and have saved up €20,000 some of it through shares i cashed out and made a few quid some of it through gambling which i have been pretty good at but dont want to rely on as i feel it can mess to much with your emotions. i was considering buying a house for around €350,000 but with the way it is now im going to wait. i have no debts and have a car fully paid off.

so my plan; to invest the money fo 1 year and make some profit for when i hopefully buy a place next year.

i know halifax is giving a 5.6% interest for lump sums for 1 year that seems the best i can get i would also be intersted in maybe putting €5000 into high risk investments willing to loose it as i do like a gamble.

i would love to hear peoples advice. even to educate me on pros and cons as i have little experience. i like to keep dreaming f being successful so these bits of advice will help

thanks

Advertisement