Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the worst tasting biscuits

• 10-09-2008 12:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭

for me its polo,digestive,lincon,marietta the list could go on but these are ones i particularly hate :)

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Those horrible cheapo rings with the coloured icing on them.. Plaaah anything with coffee flavour in them aswel..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭XxlauraxX

xzanti wrote: »
    Those horrible cheapo rings with the coloured icing on them.. Plaaah anything with coffee flavour in them aswel..

ehh jammie dodgers ?? thay are horrible also :P:P:p:p no well i quite like cafe noir (sp?) but they are the only coffee ones i can think of:pac:

custard & jersey creams yuk!!:p:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Probably Jammy Dodgers..

EDIT: I take that back, GINGER NUTS are disgusting. I absolutely hate ginger, yuck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

xzanti wrote: »
    Those horrible cheapo rings with the coloured icing on them..

Party Rings, yuck.

Anything by Fox's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭the merchant

Bourbon Creams. Sh1te more like!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Kimberly.

Two pieces of chalky cardboard with a blob of disgusting mock cream in the middle.

Euck!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,232 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

'Nice' are disgusting. Their name is a lie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

lol I like all the previous mentioned biscuits....
    polo / digestive / marietta / lincoln / jammy dodgers / custard creams / bourbon creams / gingernuts / Nice... mmmm
    But I agree - Fox's biscuits are gack.
    And same iccky with coffee biscuits, like Cafe Noir. I don't like Coconut Creams or Party Rings etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Dlite

The rings with "jam" in the middle... that's not jam. Rotten.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Polo are awful. I hate custard creams too. Awful things.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

The Australian SAO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

Fig rolls - I know how they get the figs in there - they squeeze them in from their an-us.

lol I like fig rolls.
    trying to think what I don't like..apart from Foxs...
    not a big fan of fruit shorties

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭JaneyMc

Ginger nuts, jaffa cakes. I can't remember the name of a certain kind but it might be lemon puffs. They are RANK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭shoelaceface

i actually hate most biscuits......

although i do like those pink wafers and anything that resembles a custard cream .... the kind of biscuits you ate as a child!

I like jaffa cakes & pink wafers, lemon puffs are a bit gack though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

omg lemon puffs, christ i don't think there is a more worse tasting biscuit.

biscuits are meant to taste nice...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭Archeron

quad_red wrote: »
    Kimberly.

Two pieces of chalky cardboard with a blob of disgusting mock cream in the middle.

Euck!

Chocolate Kimberly. As stated above, but with the added benefit of being dipped in brown lard and left to set.
    I think most people pretend to like them because of how much they cost. Its rude NOT to pretend to enjoy a biscuit that cost €1.80. Blech.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Polo
    Thin Arrowroot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 NicOda

Mareitta biscuts smeared with a layer of butter mmmmm.

Shortbread biscuts are yumm, and I know I'll get slated for this......

Plain HobNobs, in my opinion the biscut par excellence for dipping in a mug of tea.

NicOda wrote: »
    and I know I'll get slated for this......

Plain HobNobs, in my opinion the biscut par excellence for dipping in a mug of tea.

i love hobnobs with a cuppa too!!!!:pac::pac::pac: sooo you wont get slated well not from me !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

I actually like lemon puffs :o are they still around?

+1 on the Bourbon Creams and Ginger Nuts.

Lemon puffs are still around indeed
    Ginger nuts are good for dipping in tea though

Not a fan of chocolate kimberly it has to be said, I like the regular ones.

had a biscuit the other day called toffypops well they were just lovely it a biscuit bottom with a dip in it and a load of toffy inside smothered in chocolate !!:pac::pac::pac::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

You know what?

I actually can't think of any biscuits that I don't like!

Gingernuts, Toffypops and Cafe Noir would be favs.

Am going to scour the biscuit aisles tomorrow and see if i can find any i dont like!

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,322 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Most of the ones I don't like have been mentioned already, but one that hasn't is Goldgrain. It's like eating compacted sawdust when you bite into one of them.

Zaph wrote: »
    Most of the ones I don't like have been mentioned already, but one that hasn't is Goldgrain. It's like eating compacted sawdust when you bite into one of them.

+1 seen in Dunnes the other day some of the worst biscuits in a three pack they had:lincoln
    polo
    ginger nut :eek::eek::eek: bleuugh !:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Arrowroot!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Cremo wrote: »
    omg lemon puffs, christ i don't think there is a more worse tasting biscuit.

biscuits are meant to taste nice...

I loathe Lemon Puffs. As a child, I used to refer to them as 'headache biscuits'. They just looked and tasted like they would give you a headache. I was a weird child....:pac:

I don't understand the backlash against Polos and Goldgrains. Especially the chocolate versions. And Chocolate Kimberlys...mmm.:)

I hate plain biscuits, Rich Teas, Digestives, and the like. Boring, boring, boring. If you're going to ruin your diet or whatever, you might as well go the whole hog and stick a bit of chocolate or marshmallow on top. 'Healthy' biscuits suck. :D

Advertisement