Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unauthorised Overdrafts on Credit Cards

Options
  • 10-09-2008 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭

Hopefully someone can offer some help on this

While away in New York on a shopping trip, I used my credit card for all my shopping. Even though I had a credit limit on the card, my credit card company allowed me to overspend on the limit by about €1000 and I am now being charged on the overdraft.
    Should it be the credit card company's responsibility to reject any purchases made on the card once I've hit my limit and should I be liable for any charges on the overdrawn amount?
    Because of this I now have a black mark against me with my credit rating.
    The same credit card company would not increase my limit before I went but agreed to reduce the limit on one card and issue a new card. The reduced the first card (leaving it overdrawn by about €600) and then issued the second card which they then allowed to be overdrawn!!!!!!!
    Anyone able to give me advice on this?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Hi there, welcome to boards. I'll request this be moved to Consumer Issues where someone may have an answer for you.

Advertisement