Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

STP injector cleaners

Options
  • 10-09-2008 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have opinions on these products thinking of running some through both petrol and diesel cars(obviosly the petrol and diesel brands for each car not the same one in both) does it clean excessive smoke clean injectors etc. opinions??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cashmni1

I have used the diesel one before with no issues. seemed to clean the soot alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Mr.Diagnostic

There are various types of additives and cleaners that do different jobs. Some probably work better than others. I don’t have any experience of STP but no matter how good it is there is a limit to how effective it can be. If there is an issue which is caused by very mild contamination in the injection system then it could work. If there is wear in an injector or a fault in the system causing overfueling then it wont work. I would think that the amount of times it will work would be a very low percentage. Having said that, it cant do any harm. Most of these products are more suitable as preventative rather than curative maintenance.

Advertisement