Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

please help, need to break into my own car.. 96 seat ibiza

Options
  • 10-09-2008 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭

k, first of all, i didn't leave keys inside :P i just went out to open my car a while ago nd the key turns in the tumbler but wont open the doors.

i have the top of the door wedged open and i can reach the handle to pull it open. does the lock need to be open for the handle to open the door? anyone with a 96 era ibiza/golf or anythin care to help?

please...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'd imagine the lock on the inside would also need to be opened.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭sock.rocker*

is that impossible for me to do witout ringin a locksmith? its so annoyin that i can reach the handle, pull it out most of the way but no luck...

it'd save a lot of money drivin in to the garage instead of them comin out

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I've done this a few times with cars that have deadlocked, easiest way to manage it, is if you can get a proper car opening kit (They do exist), and use some of the long slats to shim your way in through the door rubber, and then use the longer ball ended rods to try to activate some of the cars electrics - central locking buttons/electric windows. If it's manual, then there's a good possibility that you may be out of luck, and will need to call out a locksmith.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭sock.rocker*

its central locking, does that mean i need locksmith?

like wud the slim jim method work?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Not trying to be smart, but have you tried the lock on the passenger side? Or the tailgate/boot?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

I'm assuming you don't have AA membership, but if you do they're super fast at getting into cars.

Advertisement