Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible Charity Event Xmas 2008

• 10-09-2008 1:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 434 ✭✭

Hi,

I am exploring the possibilities of organising a film event for charity in December 2008 in Waterford

The idea is to show a film on the big screen and take in money on tickets. The ticket price will be as much as you would like to donate to the cause and no less than €10. The venue (TBC) will be sponsored and all ticket intakes will go to charity (TBC)

Does anyone have any suggestions about the film or film's that you believe would take in the biggest crowd?

Suggestions I have been given so far include:

Star Wars Trilogy
    Lord Of The Rings
    Home Alone 1 & 2
    Batman Movies To Date

Thanks

;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 kitten_bar

A great idea... I'd be up for it.

Possible movie suggestion:

Godfather (all 3)

There would be a lot involved in organising it though - you should talk to the lads from waterfordfilmforall(.com) they'll be able to advise you about what'sinvolved in getting reels and licences.

*fingers crossed* it works out for you.

Any ideas on which Charity? The Solas Centre has to be a front runner.

xxx Kate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

TheBoffin wrote: »
    Star Wars Trilogy
    Lord Of The Rings
    Home Alone 1 & 2
    Batman Movies To Date

Its going to be very hard for you to pick a set of films that would appeal to all sorts of fans. Most of the ones you suggest appeal to certain fan bases but not others.

Some more fan - neutral ones might be -
    Indiana Jones
    Rocky Series (Who wouldn't want to see rocky onthe big screen :pac:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Good Idea,
    You could also check out Waterford Youth Art, Their film group often make short films (Award Winning Films ) You may be able to screen one or two of these before your main event, Give the event a local touch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭dintbo

As al lot of the suggestions seem to be going for trilogies I think it would be a shame if no one mentioned Back To The Future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

A Band of Brothers Marathon!!

Wouldnt it be fantastic to be able to go to the cinema to watch older films like the ones mentioned above. If the cinemas had a voting/polling system on their website, people could suggest / vote for the film they'd like to see.

Great idea though. Fair play!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭ec18

I'd go with back to the future it's a lot more family friendly and they are great movies.....Try for the auditorium in WIT they have films in there during the year

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Would it be possible to use Storm Cinemas? They allow people to book out a room..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

Given the time of year you are planning this for maybe some of the Christmas classics might be an idea.

Other options could be
    Pirates of the Carribbean 1 - 3
    Harry Potter 1 - 99 lol
    Shrek 1&2

Or you could do a Tarrantino double/treble/quad bill

Advertisement