Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VRT appeal

Options
  • 10-09-2008 2:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

i recently bought a car on an english plate, when i went to pay the VRT they valued the car between 3000 and 5500 euros above the market value.... the car would be fairly rare so the ROS doesn't offer a figure for it.

i asked how they came up with this valuation and the VRO say that they don't know. they claim that the car was valued by another office (CVO) in rosslare who don't deal with the public and apparantly don't explain their valuations to the VRO either.

i'm told that the only course of action open to me is to register the car and then make an appeal but surely if the system of valuation is not open to scrutiny then neither is the appeal process? this is gangster carry-on.

anyone else had this problem???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Lots of people. Try the search function in the Forum, and you'll find people in the same boat as you, and people who have been sucessful.

Does anyone use the Search function anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭fletch

ned78 wrote: »
    Does anyone use the Search function anymore?
    I always find it fascinating when people give out about this...then when someone ressurects an old thread, they get slated too :confused:

People give out about it, because there are hundreds of similar threads on boards. The reason for suggesting a search, is not so the user can resurrect an outdated thread and post in it, but rather that they actively look and see has the question been answered for them already. This is the second thread on this subject this week alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 artie ziff

cheers audi chris, it's a pity that guy didn't get back on to let us know what happened. in fairness though, i reckon his car is included on the VRT calculator on ROS.ie so he might have known before buying.

as for you ned78, why'd you even reply? fair enough i might not have properly outlined the difference between my case and previous ones but if you don't have something to contribute then why bother? wouldn't you be happier starting a new thread: why don't people use the search function?

• Advertisement

artie ziff wrote: »
    as for you ned78, why'd you even reply?

I actually replied to point you in the direction of help, ie: to search the forum for people who were in similar circumstances as yourself. There was no malice intended, or directed at you.

It's also stated in the Motors forum charter, that users should search before starting new threads :
    Charter wrote:
    Research your question. Many questions on driving tests, licences, penalty points, etc. have been asked and answered many, many, many times before

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

artie ziff wrote: »
    as for you ned78, why'd you even reply? fair enough i might not have properly outlined the difference between my case and previous ones but if you don't have something to contribute then why bother? wouldn't you be happier starting a new thread: why don't people use the search function?
    I think he might have been trying to help you.

Advertisement