Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Canceling insurance

Options
  • 10-09-2008 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

I'v got a pug 306 with Quinn Insurance. I pay Direct debit every month.

I am looking to get another car, but have a cheaper quote from another insurance company.

My question is, can I cancel my Insurance with Quinn Direct, I read there is a 50 euro unsubscription fee. Is that it?

All help welcome
    Thanks
    Cabla

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Here's a tip - ring them and ask.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭homerjk

Yeah ring them, but ring them twice. Ring the first time just to enquire. I happened to be lucky in this situation...

I rang up the first time 2 months before I cancelled just to ask what the procedure was. The lad said there would be a 50 euro cancellation fee and as regards to my direct debit payment that even if I cancelled it the day after a payment came out that would have insured me for the following month I would have get no refund. A bit of a balls and I was pissed off, especially with the refund but I thought that was that.

So I rang last week to do the actual deed and it was totally different. I wasnt charged the 50 euro fee and he said that part of my monthly debit would be refunded!

Madness!

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

The insurance company do not own your money.
    If you cancel at a date then you only pay until that date so you should get a refund of any other money you have paid......BUT (i believe) they are entitled to charge you a fee for processing the change.

The first part is definate, i know this to be true. I only believe they are entitled to charge you a fee for cancellation....they may not be!

best of luck with the new car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭cabla

Thats brilliant lads. Thanks, so now I know I can go ahead with the car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

cabla wrote: »

Just so you know, that if you cancel your policy now, you wont get any no claims bonus for this policy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

cabla wrote: »

Quinn do NOT give any refund on a direct debit policy, unless the money was taken out of your account after the effective date of cancellation.

This is in the policy handbook you recieved so you have no comeback on it. Thats the way it is.

Advertisement