Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE Divas/Womens Title

• 10-09-2008 2:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭

So who has Mickie James and Victoria ticked off in WWE since both are now jobbing to airheads and out of the title pictures? I'm not sure Victoria was ever in the picture on SD which is a shame.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭BlackMamba

I agree. Victoria was never really in the picture when the Divas Championship came to fruition (did i spell that right?:confused:). Michelle McCool is a decent wrestler, she's improved so much over the last few years.

In all fairness though....what were the Smackdown team thinking when they put Maryse in a title match and had Victoria fight Brie Bella?! To me, that doesn't make sense.

Mickie James did have a title shot recently but I don't think she's getting the recognition she deserves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Endaaaagh

regarding Victoria "jobbing" to Brie Bella....
    doesn't Brie has an identical twin that she swaps places with when she goes under the ring? That's the reason for J.R acting all shocked in his commentary wondering where she got the sudden burst of energy from

...kinda put Victoria losing into perspective!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Endaaaagh wrote: »
    regarding Victoria "jobbing" to Brie Bella....
    doesn't Brie has an identical twin that she swaps places with when she goes under the ring? That's the reason for J.R acting all shocked in his commentary wondering where she got the sudden burst of energy from

...kinda put Victoria losing into perspective!

This is true:
    They were a tag team called the bella twins in FCW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

JP Liz wrote: »
    So who has Mickie James and Victoria ticked off in WWE since both are now jobbing to airheads and out of the title pictures? I'm not sure Victoria was ever in the picture on SD which is a shame.

To be honest, I haven't watched Smackdown in ages but usually heard about it and can never recall Victoria even being mentioned. I would have thought she would have been in the title picture when the Diva title came about, but instead they are given title matches to....Maryse?? :confused:

Mickie James is still in title contention at least! I don't think Phoenix is a bad wrestler or "airhead", and is one of the few, more experienced female wrestlers on Raw. I wouldn't mind seeing Mickie James and Katie Lea more involved in the title chase at the minute though, but I can't see that happening much with Candice back in the picture.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Shocking lack of men pointing out that WWE divas strictly exist to be T&A & to fill air time in this thread.

• Advertisement

You know, WWE divas are really only there as an act to fill up some air time. ;)

Unlike TNA! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

This thread lacks pics

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

callaway92 wrote: »
    This thread lacks pics

Here ya go....

W00308X.jpg

divatitle.jpg

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Here ya go....

divatitle.jpg

:p

that has to be the worse belt ever

that has to be the worse belt ever

Agreed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

would one of these airheads be beth??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

To be honest, i'd much rather see Maryse and Michelle McCool, along with Mickie James and Beth Phoenix in womens title pictures than Victoria. She's deteriorated a lot in my honest opinion, both in ring wise and looks wise.

Even Steve Austin had the good grace to retire when he required two knee braces just to get him down the ramp.

VR!

Ive never fell for the received internet wisdom of Victoria being a great wrestler. Dont get me wrong she is a good hand but totally underserving of her rep IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

No Beth Phoenix isnt an airhead she can actually wrestle.

I prefer to see Mickie James and/or Katie Lea still in the title picture on RAW than Candice.

Victoria is a good wrestler she may have bad knees but her finisher Widow's Peak one the best ever. Its a shame she loses to airheads like Maria etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Victoria is about half the size she was when she first arrived. She is simply not as strong or as agile as when she was Women's Champ. Hence why she has been bumped down the card. I still enjoy watching her wrestle, but thats more to do with her trash talk than anything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I prefer to see Mickie James and/or Katie Lea still in the title picture on RAW than Candice.

Victoria is a good wrestler she may have bad knees but her finisher Widow's Peak one the best ever. Its a shame she loses to airheads like Maria etc.
    Maria is over with the crowd, Victoria gets zilch reaction from the crowd these days.

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Maria's fake tits are over with the crowd, Victoria gets zilch reaction from the crowd these days.

Fixed that for you, buddy ;)
    VR!

Maria doesnt have fake tits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I think the overating of Victoria is down to the fact that when she came in, the standard was alot lower than it is now

Bubs101 wrote: »
    I think the overating of Victoria is down to the fact that when she came in, the standard was alot lower than it is now

WAT

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Surely you can allow for a bit of ring rustness after being injured? Plus, Candice is better than Lea and she is probably the most improved diva on the roster.

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Plus, Candice is better than Lea

Now who's smoking the funny stuff?
    VR!

Now who's smoking the funny stuff?
    VR!

:pac:

Seriously though, I think Candice has come on leaps and bounds. She has shown such a willingness not to just get by on that pretty face and I would call her very competent in the ring.

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    :pac:

Seriously though, I think Candice has come on leaps and bounds. She has shown such a willingness not to just get by on that pretty face and I would call her very competent in the ring.

That wasn't what i was disputing. I was disputing that you found her better in the ring than Katie Lea.

Horses for courses I guess, but that did surprise me.
    VR!

Candice is far, far better than Lea.

That wasn't what i was disputing. I was disputing that you found her better in the ring than Katie Lea.

Horses for courses I guess, but that did surprise me.
    VR!

I've mostly seen her fighting Mickie. Lea is sound in the ring but I don't think she does anything particulary outstanding, other than getting the dirty bitch personality down to a tee.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

rovert wrote: »
    Maria doesnt have fake tits.
    didnt your homeboy dave meltzer recently say on an observer show that they were fake?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

DRakE wrote: »
    didnt your homeboy dave meltzer recently say on an observer show that they were fake?

they do look much bigger since the draft and she was missing for about 3-4 weeks between the draft and her debut on smackdown giving her ample time to get a boob job and this after all is the WWE where vince expects all his female talent to get "bigger" :mad:

even if she did get a boob job (which i think is lame) she was still over pre-draft without one (thanks in some part to santino it must be said) and people bought her playboy pre-boob job.

imo face-wise maria is the best looking girl in wwe since stacy (i know a few on here disagree)

DRakE wrote: »

He isnt my honeboy and he misspoke.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Bubs101 wrote: »

how was the standard lower, there was actual divas that could wrestle then

Personally i think Victoria is way underrated even with bad knees she can put on a good match

Personally i think Victoria is way underrated even with bad knees she can put on a good match

Underrated? On the internet? Really. Most people I read seem to believe she is the second coming of Akira Hokuto or something. I think Victoria is good woman's wrestler but as great as the received wisedom says.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

how was the standard lower, there was actual divas that could wrestle then

The overall standard was much lower. Sure you had Lita and Trish but you had very little else. If you condensed all the female talent into one show now you'd have a much better overall female roster

I don't get the adoration of Candice. The only good match I remember her being in was her title defence against Melina.

Jillian Hall also gets lots of praise on the internet. Other than a match against Melina back when both girls were on SD, I can't think of another impressive outing. And she has had plenty of ring time to show her stuff. I know her job is to, well, job, but she could at least show some serious offense once in a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭herewegoagain

I don't get the adoration of Candice. The only good match I remember her being in was her title defence against Melina.

Jillian Hall also gets lots of praise on the internet. Other than a match against Melina back when both girls were on SD, I can't think of another impressive outing. And she has had plenty of ring time to show her stuff. I know her job is to, well, job, but she could at least show some serious offense once in a while.

People dont say Candice is a good wrestler..They say she has vastly improved..Which I have to agree with..Still looks like a dog though imo:)

People dont say Candice is a good wrestler..They say she has vastly improved..Which I have to agree with..Still looks like a dog though imo:)

Blasphemah!!!:eek::eek:

If Candice is a dog, what would you call ODB and Kong?:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

Ok this is really bugging me. Is anybody else getting increasingly annoyed with Layla's stupid American accent. This girl is from London and when she came in originally had such an attractive southern English accent only to be replaced by a pathetic American accent. Go with Regal and get back to being an English diva.

DenMan wrote: »
    Ok this is really bugging me. Is anybody else getting increasingly annoyed with Layla's stupid American accent. This girl is from London and when she came in originally had such an attractive southern English accent only to be replaced by a pathetic American accent. Go with Regal and get back to being an English diva.

Completely agree.

I guess they didnt want to have too many non americans on the roster or something stupid like that.

I don't get get the Candice love either, flash in the pan comes to mind. Lets see where she is five years from now.

Jillian, to my understanding actually can work, but seeing as she serves as an annoying heel with her current schtick, WWE are on to a winner, and with that, they don't need to go any further. Hulk Hogan syndrome really. If they can get a reaction out of the crowd any way possible, the rest of the talent said person possesses is not required.

VR!

Completely agree.

I guess they didnt want to have too many non americans on the roster or something stupid like that.

I wouldn't mind, but Katie Lea isn't even English! She was born in Germany!
    VR!

People dont say Candice is a good wrestler..They say she has vastly improved..Which I have to agree with..
    Meh. Kelly Kelly has come just as far in my opinion. And is hotter.
    Jillian, to my understanding actually can work, but seeing as she serves as an annoying heel with her current schtick, WWE are on to a winner, and with that, they don't need to go any further. Hulk Hogan syndrome really. If they can get a reaction out of the crowd any way possible, the rest of the talent said person possesses is not required.

VR!
    I get what you're saying. The singing gimmick is what has kept her in a job since the boogeyman ate her mole off. The difference is, Hogan only used as much ability as was neccessary to remain the face of the company and champion. But I'm not sure if Jillian Hall has even ever received a title shot. A good gimmick has her stuck as the number three female heel on Raw. A good gimmick and some sweet movez could elevate her to the title picture.

• Advertisement

CELEBRATE according to the latest Observer there isnt any talk of another Diva Search.

rovert wrote: »
    CELEBRATE according to the latest Observer there isnt any talk of another Diva Search.

Thank god, at least we know that wwe wont be wasting anymore time on useless fillers where good wrestling show can be put on.

Advertisement