Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Polycomm Video Conference ISDN issue

Options
  • 10-09-2008 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I would appreciate any help if possible or even a pointer in the right direction.

I have a Polycom VSX 5000 with an ISDN adapter.

I can make Video Calls via ISDN to National numbers, but not to International numbers.
    When i try, the call fails, with a message "call has ended". I have tried the Polycom test numbers but these have the same result.
    I haev contacted Polycom who asked me to check the Location ISDN International Access settings.

They are currently set to the following :

Language: British (English)
    Internation Dialing Prefix: 00
    Country Code: 353
    STD Code: 01
    Always Dial Code: selected

I need to use ISDN due to network constrants, I would love to use IP, as this works perfectly, but its not possible at the moment

Polycom are being zero help in this so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

can you make international calls on your ISDN line?

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭paulusdu

yes, this is an upgrade of a previous Polycom system that packed in, ISDN calls worked fine on the old one (national and international) until it "melted".

I've even had Eircom check the lines and everything comes back fine.

Advertisement