Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Future games you just cant wait for(announced or rumoured)

Options
  • 10-09-2008 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭

Deus ex 3 (announced)
    Tomb Raider:Underworld (announced)
    and any return of the monkey island series...(2010 hopefully)
    And a new hitman too be great..(Nothing yet)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Duke Nukem Forever :D

Hmmm...I actually can't think of any now.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Any new Zelda, Mario (platform!), Castlevania or Metroid game for me....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

The 'Heat' video game - Michael Mann supposedly producing a game version of the awesome film
    Left 4 Dead
    Red Alert 3
    Space Marine - just announced 40k brawler, looks awesome
    Dawn of War 2
    Halo 4 - or whatever the next Halo franchise game will be called
    Half Life 2: Episode 3
    Ghostbusters video game - really hoping this hasnt been cancelled, what I saw looked pretty good.
    40K MMO & Stargate MMO - never played an MMO, but both of these are franchises that I absolutely love so I might end up picking one, or both of them up providing they dont require you to pay monthly fee's

and of course duke mother f*cking nukem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

robby^5 wrote: »

Ahh yes, God of War, in SPAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCEEEEEEEEE!

But, left for dead looks interesting, even though i have my doubts about it and i know the Stargate MMO will suck balls, but i'll still sign up for the beta.

Another one is APB from Realtime worlds, if they ever release the fucking thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The 'Heat' video game - Michael Mann supposedly producing a game version of the awesome film

Oh great... 2h 15m of conversations and 15 mins of action! :)
    Don't know how well it would translate to a game (apart from the main action scene)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Diablo 3
    starcraft 2
    Red Alert 3 (still no beta email yet :( )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭hoppo254

Madworld on the Wii

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

• Bionic Commando (PS3/360/PC)
    • The new Prince of Persia
    • Mirror's Edge
    • Tatsunoko vs Capcom: Cross Generation of Heroes

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

OKAY... the one that will be released:

Red alert 3
    Fallout 3
    Dead space ( those short episodes o prologue really got me hooked up badly)
    diablo 3 ofc!
    Starcraft 2 FOREVER!!!

Emm stuff that will be released in distant future:
    bioshock 2
    warhammer 40k mmorpg
    warcraft rts
    hitman (whatever)
    Spore 2 ( hopefully they will keep idea, and actually make it proper game)
    Herous of might and magic 6
    Black and white 3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

Ahh yes, God of War, in SPAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCEEEEEEEEE!

You mean Gears of War in Space. ....

Yes it looks like very bad version Gears of War with some very bad straffing deathmatch Bots.

Unless there is a miracle this game is going to suck donkey dick of the big and floppy variety by the looks of it......

Looking forward to left 4 dead for some zombie stomping coop. Should be a blast.

Dawn of War 2 and Starcraft2/Diablo 3 when they land will prolly be dacent too.

And hopefully Fallout 3 won't be a bag of ****e.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

uberpixie wrote: »
    You mean Gears of War in Space. ....

Nope, the 'cinematic kills' and all that are pure God of war. The seem to want to make it a brawlers, seeing as your bolter fire seems to only stun creatures so you can stab them up close.

frankly, I don't want to meet the creature that is only stunned by a bolter round to the face.

hoppo254 wrote:
    Madworld on the Wii

^ This.
    I can't believe i forgot about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin trailer (doesn't stream well, I had to dl it). Loved the first, expansion pack wasn't Monolith but Timegate (much like COD series with 2 different developers) which was just more of the same and wasn't as breathtaking. Back with Monolith now tho and should be good. Playing the first with surround sound in a dark room this game jumped the living shíte outa me, can't wait for the next. More here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

New Star Wars MMO.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Homeworld 3
    Battlezone 3
    Half Life Episode 3
    Freespace 3 (and not a crappy version realeased by the tool who bought the license)
    Diablo 3
    Resident Evil 5
    Mass Effect 2
    Baldurs Gate 3
    Shenmue 3 :(
    Holsten wrote: »
    New Star Wars MMO.
    You mean Knights of the Old Republic 3 dont you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Not a whole lot I'm really looking forward to at the moment tbh. My big 3 games of the year were GTA IV, MGS 4 and Spore, none of which disappointed (although it seems Spore is very much an acquired taste, but I like it)

My most reliable franchises I'd normally look to are GTA and MGS (it'll be a long time before the next of each), Final Fantasy (again its miles away), Gran Turismo (who knows when we'll see it) and whatever Bioware are working on (their next game Dragon Age looks awful though) - which means at the moment I'm more interested in some of the more original things coming out like Mirror's Edge, LBP, and the hope that Bethesda do a good job with Fallout 3. None of those are things you can really count on though so I'll wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

steviec wrote: »
    Not a whole lot I'm really looking forward to at the moment tbh. My big 3 games of the year were GTA IV, MGS 4 and Spore, none of which disappointed (although it seems Spore is very much an acquired taste, but I like it)

My most reliable franchises I'd normally look to are GTA and MGS (it'll be a long time before the next of each), Final Fantasy (again its miles away), Gran Turismo (who knows when we'll see it) and whatever Bioware are working on (their next game Dragon Age looks awful though) - which means at the moment I'm more interested in some of the more original things coming out like Mirror's Edge, LBP, and the hope that Bethesda do a good job with Fallout 3. None of those are things you can really count on though so I'll wait and see.

well i have a feeling that they will make a garbage of fallout 3 unfortunatly, if they will go oblivion way, its doomed. Thought i will still buy it and try it, no matter any reviews. I am a sucker for fallout universe. fallout2 is still in top 3 best ever played games in mine life

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

What what what!?

EDIT: Ok, did some research. I'll remain unexcited until I see more. Demo vid was not very impressive, but was admitedly an early build. Apparently shooting a bolter at someone is the equivalent of blinking a flashlight on and off in their eyes.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Mass Effect 2 and whatever else Bioware have up their sleeves.

Whatever Bizarre Creations are working on (PGR4 and Geometry Wars 2 are some of the best reasons to own a 360 imo)

There are too many games on the horizon to pick just a few without this descending into yet another boring list...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Gears 2
    Dead Space
    Fable 2
    Final Fantasy 13
    Red Alert 3
    Fallout 3
    New Elder Scrolls
    KOTOR 3
    Mass Effect 2 & 3
    Crackdown 2
    Heavy Rain
    A Proper Next Gen PES
    Infinity Wards Next Game
    God of War 3

• Advertisement
  • Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Thief 4
    Elite 4
    Bioshock 2
    Empire: Total War
    HL Ep. 3
    New X-com game somebody is working on (think its the Bioshock guys)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

I see someone mentioned Elite 4. Anyone else think those games were very overrated.

Games I'm looking forward to:

Bioshock 2 - announced this week
    COD6 - COD5 will be mediocre
    KNOTR III - I can dream can't I
    Warcraft IV - See above
    Half Life Episode III - Hurry up Valve
    Fallout 3 - I watched some game videos on Xbox Live. It looks pretty good. I can't understand all the Bethseda bashing on Boards.
    Starcraft II - I never played the first one but I'm still excited

Games there's too much hype about

CODV - Looks like more of the same
    The KNOTR MMORPG - Anyone else find MMORPGs boring
    The LOTR MMORPG - See above
    The Lich King - See above

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

GL Minesweeper :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Rascal77

Fallout 3
    Resi 5
    Aliens colonial marines
    Dead space
    Batman Arkham asylum.
    Darksiders(Looks kinda interesting)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Duke Nukem Forever :D

+ 1
    Red Alert 3
    Red Alert 3 (still no beta email yet :( )

I got the beta and i only played it 3 times, its really not that a great game. Gone way to cartooney, i had a small hope they would go back to RA1 style but it seems like a generals/RA2 mix.
    Not that entertaining :(

The final version might be better but i dont see the engine changing at this point :(
    Kiith wrote: »

You mean Knights of the Old Republic 3 dont you?

I read recently thats not true. Also about 2 months ago didnt lucas arts lay off about 100 people?

I thought there was a press release that the new KOTOR would not be MMO.

Why would you even want kotor to be MMO? It would be impossible to write a story that would involve every single player, the dialog and different AI charactors in the storyline - what if i was playing and i killed whoever how would that be fair on someone who buys the game a month later and cant talk to that person because they are dead?

I just dont see how they could have a great story like kotor 1 if it was MMO.

kotor 3 is my most antisipated game at the moment but i did read it wont be MMO

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

I've read a few articles about KNOTRIII being a MMORPG but according to Wikipedia it's still up in the air.

Anyway it'd be easy enough to do. WOW and the Matrix Online but showed how you can implement key characters and what to do if you kill one off i.e
    1) the character can't be killed WOW
    2) killing a character is an in-game quest
    3) killing a character becomes an in-game event in a dynamically changing world
    ala the Morpheus dying in the Matrix Online.

Did anyone here play Star Wars online? How did they deal with Vader and Skywalker in those games? As an aide, was anyone else disappointed with KNOTR II? I found it very disappointing and a good example of an unfinished game rushed to release. Note: you'd have to have played to the end to get what I'm talking about.

Red Alert 3 looks cartoony but that series was always a bit more colourful and lighthearted than the Command and Conquer Tiberium series.

I'm looking forward to see if it becomes the definitive RTS game for consoles. For PCs it's a different matter as they're a wider variety of such games available.

Advertisement