Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Impact of power steering on economy?

Options
  • 10-09-2008 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭

Been wondering about this for a while.

A few years ago a Seat dealer in Tralee tried to convince me that pas would cause a loss of 10 mpg, ie 40 instead of 50 mpg.
    Oddly enough he was trying to sell me an Ibiza without pas...

Does pas have a dramatic affect on economy?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,927 ✭✭✭✭L1011

No. Electric PAS has an even lower impact.

3-4mpg max for hydraulic I'd say, and electric would be another 1 lower than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭brundle

Hope you told that dealer to F off. Hate that ****, they try to say all sorts of crap to sell what they have. If you tried to trade in the same car he would tell ya pity it didnt have the power steering as harrd sold without it. Is it even 4 mpg of a loss, I doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

brundle wrote: »
    Hope you told that dealer to F off.

I sure as hell didn't buy it anyway.

Occasionally I go back there to test drive their cars for the craic, but I would never buy anything from such a bullsh*ter.

Advertisement