Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bumper scuff repairs

Options
  • 10-09-2008 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68,927 ✭✭✭✭

Waiting to get out of The Square today, scumbag schoolkid on bicycle hits the back of my (new :mad:) car and speeds off. I try to chase him down but theres too many pedestrian alleyways.... got away between McD's and the cop shop.

Either way, my bumper is now scuffed, thankfully no damage to anything else - and unfortunately no damage to the scumbag.

Is there an easy way to get these scuffs off? Its a body coloured plastic bumper like most would be these days, and because of the colour - metallic slate grey - the scuff is REALLY noticeable, at least to me. I've had the car 13 days and don't want it looking like its been through the wars!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Wolverine_1999

How big is the scuff? An area would have to be resprayed in any case to get a good unnoticable finish.

I'd try get a few quotes around, ask how much to get it repaired, and then ask how much if you supplied the paint. Sometimes they charge an arm and a leg just for a few 100 mls of paint. It's going to cost around €100 in any case..

• Registered Users Posts: 68,927 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Two seperate scuffs, each about 2 inches long, varying in width a bit. Could be more when I wash the car again to cehck but thats all I could see with a quick wipe down - doubt it as it was probably his wheel that did it.

Advertisement