Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New offers from Magnet/bt/smart on ADSL2+ LLU speed results?

Options
  • 10-09-2008 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭

Iam with Magnet for the past 2 years, i have a rock solid 5mb line for that period of time....

i rang them yesterday and they immediately put me on the 10mb package, the guy done a line test and said my line at present can only take 6.5mb speed, he enquired had i got my pc on a telephone extension (i have) and said that i should put my Router beside the eircom socket and only use a 2mtr phone lead, this will give me my extra speed, so i only signed up for teh 10mb package..
    My speed is coming in at 6/6.5mb

So after moving the router and checking speeds, iam still only getting 6/6.5mb speed!

I rang tech today , and they say now that that is the best speed that i can get....even if i sign up for the 24mb package ,Magnet now say 6/6.5 is the max that i can get.....any thughts on this guys

What speeds are u guys getting on Eircoms line ...

cramp

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

That is quite common. People here will be able to tell you more if they see your line stats but I'd say it true.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭cramp

thnks for your reply , the guy in Magnet asked if i wanted my line stats sent to me, but i siad NO.....

cramp

Advertisement