Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clearwire are crafty fu*kers!

Options
  • 10-09-2008 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭

I use clearwire because I don't have a landline and can't put a IBB receiver on the roof. It's crap but I only need it for work, so not important really.

I was paying €39.95 a month for it, which was taken from my CC. I changed my CC about a month ago and didn't update Clearwire. So they sent me a nasty mail form a collection agency wit a faux Latin name (sad). I got onto Clearwire's website to find a contact number and was lookin around when I noticed that the package I was getting was now on offer for €29.95. Needless to say that when I got talking to the guy I asked him about this. He gave me the usual 'that's for new customers' routine.

So I let loose, asked what was so fu*kin special about them...to which he replied " I can do you a deal if you stay with us"..naturally I was curious to hear what he had to say. He offered me the same package for only €14.99 a month from now on!!! So really they were changing me €25.00 more that they were willing to.

Please tell anybody who has Clearwire, first that they are suckers and secondly to call Clearwire and see what they can get out of them!

Craig

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Moved from Nets & Comms

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Your first problem - this is how networks make money and/or attract new customers.
    Your second point - this is how they retain existing customers.

I really don't see anything wrong with it when compared to how other shops and businesses operate.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭wannabecraig

That's an outdated way of doing business. With more competition out there companies need to make sure they are keeping their existing customers up to date and treating them like new customers.

Anyway, your missing the point. The post was really there for anybody with Clearwire to get on the blower to them and demand a discounted rate.

C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

It's how the world works.

As for getting on to them and demanding a discount rate - only people out of contract can do this - but by all means .. shop around should be the motto.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭long_b

That's an outdated way of doing business. With more competition out there companies need to make sure they are keeping their existing customers up to date and treating them like new customers.

C

I think the expression is "cutting their own throat".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Prisoner6409

C

Quite right and that's exactly why we need more competition in all areas. Monopolies have you by the short and curleys and do not give a toss about you ar me as they know well we have no other choice.

Advertisement