Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus Question,

Options
  • 10-09-2008 5:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

Does anyone know of any bus's that go from rahoon to Ballybritt business park ? I know the 3 goes near it but its from eyres square...

Also is there weekly tickets or anything available for the service ?

Thanks

Paul.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Im pretty sure there isnt. But I think Medtronic have their own bus that goes from the westside of galway to ballybrit

• Registered Users Posts: 25,955 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

The number 3 drops you off on the city side of the Morris roundabout. To get into the park, you have to cross the road at the roundabout, and this must be one of the worst places in the city to do so.

There are three "factory runs" that Bus Eireann do each day in the morning, and two in the afternoon. You can find details on the back page of the printed timetable.

7.05am goes "from Seacrest via Threadneedle Rd/UCHG/Eyre Sq"
    I've not caught this particular bus, so don't know exactly what roads it takes.

7:45am goes "from Dr Mannix Rd/Seacreast/Threadneedle Rd/UCHG/Eyre Square"
    I've not caught this either, but think that it seems to go through Ballyban - not sure if it's consistent in the route it takes though.

(Do not ask me what UCHG is, I'm just quoting the timetable!)

8:05am leaves from the far end of the Railway station, down near the bus inspector's office, on the way to the Band Hall. Goes up Bohermore, Wellpark, Monivea Rd, into the estate and pulls up outside the HP office. Sometimes pauses outside Boston Scientific to let folks off, this depends on the niceness of the driver. The route followed is pretty consistent, mainly because new drivers ask the passengers where to go. (I kid you not.) The bus may be labelled "Compaq", "Hewlett Packard", "APC" - or sometimes doesn't have a label at all, you have to guess from the other workers getting on it. It picks up from any marked bus stop along the route.

In the afternoon, Mon-Thurs there are two buses, one stopping in the city and one going to "Seacrest via Eyre Square".
    The timetable says they're both 5:35. The drivers believe that the city one leaves at 5:25 and the other at 5:30.
    On Fridays, there's one which leaves at 3:30 and goes to Eyre Square only. The route they take is a little more variable the most common is Monivea Rd/Wellpark, but I've gone down Tuam Rd, down Ballyban Rd and back along the Dublin Rd, and one day we even went down the dual-carriageway and onto Headford Rd.
    They pick up from the bus-stop beside HP, and sometimes from the Stop-sign at the far side of the HP carpark. They will drop off at any other bus-stop along the route, but won't pick up.

The far is simply Bus Eireann's standard city fare (1.45) - and the weekly (15.5-euro) and monthly (50-euro) tickets can be used. Buy these from the Bus Eireann office in the Railway Station (which closes at 5pm Mon-Thurs, btw). They can be used on all other city services too.

Hope that helps!

Advertisement