Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crap Games your ashamed to love.

Options
  • 10-09-2008 5:34pm
    Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭

We all must like at least one game the rest of the world thinks is a total stinker.

No matter how bad everyone else thinks it is you find something to enjoy.

For me I guess that would be Night Trap on the 3DO. I have not played it in ages but I remember when I was young thinking it was awesome and playing through it 3or 4 times. There is hardly any gameplay and its all about remembering where the enemies appear from and the acting was so bad/hammy it was really funny and found trying to trap every last one of them quite addicting and challenging. Looking at youtube videos I still laugh/cringe when I see it.

So what are your favourite crap games?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

I play an online tank warfare game called Tanarus, the game was developed by sony 11 years ago and was an online gaming experiment for them, for one reason or another the game is still playable 11 years on, we have a small playerbase these days, maybe 300 or so players, in its hey day tanarus had 1000's online at one time. The graphics stink, it lags really bad, most of the players are arseholes, theres no support - But I love it! Its a lot of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Dirge of Cerebeus on the PS2, i'm so sorry but i got so horribly addicted to this game when it came out that i thought it was great. only to hear everyone else rip it to shreds :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

I loved that pos Bad Boys II:Miami Takedown game, dunno why really, maybe coz it ran smooth on my fx 5700le :P

Nick

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

I loved Night Hunter on the Amiga (or was it on the Atari ST?). Great game, you could change from dracula into a bat, or into a werewolf. Had to drink the blood of virgins to stay alive, and every once in a while Van Helsing would appear and lash a stake into you (giggidy)... fond memories.

http://hol.abime.net/972

I also liked It Came from the Desert.. although it was pretty crap!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,607 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I guess my guilty pleasures were Transformers on the Spectrum back in the day and, more recently, Haven on the PS2, no one else seemed to have liked it but I loved it right to the end, sadly it's story won't be continued as it sold feck all, but I do recommend picking it up, if only for the nice fractal style graphics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Batman on the C64, movie tie in version. I still think its great :D

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Kernel wrote: »
    I loved Night Hunter on the Amiga (or was it on the Atari ST?). Great game, you could change from dracula into a bat, or into a werewolf. Had to drink the blood of virgins to stay alive, and every once in a while Van Helsing would appear and lash a stake into you (giggidy)... fond memories.

http://hol.abime.net/972

I also liked It Came from the Desert.. although it was pretty crap!

Jesus I remember Night Hunter (Atari ST in my case anyway). Crap game really but I loved it.

Advertisement