Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

XP Admin password

• 10-09-2008 5:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭

Any tips to recover a forgotten XP admin password? I don't have the setup discs so cant reload XP and have no idea what the password might have been...clutching at straws I know :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Hi,
    I used a utility from here. You boot up your pc with this, using floppy (:o), usbkey or cdrom disk. The last time I used it about 6 months ago it worked and saved a reinstall, this was in a work situation so its very usefull when you get pcs back with similar trouble.

shot-windows.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭jim_bob

please don't buy that program

there are loads of free ones available

one i normal use is a linux based one but the website seems to be down search Google for nt password reset and it's the first one i bet some one here will have a copy or direct you to a free one if you can hold off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Martyr

NT Offline Registry Editor

http://home.eunet.no/pnordahl/ntpasswd/

Its FREE!! and probably the best solution.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

jim_bob wrote: »
    please don't buy that program

there are loads of free ones available

one i normal use is a linux based one but the website seems to be down search Google for nt password reset and it's the first one i bet some one here will have a copy or direct you to a free one if you can hold off

That programs a demo, not ideal but it does the job. Sys internals is another handy piece of software if you can get your hands on it. It does the above and more.

• Advertisement
Advertisement