Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Extend a cable for my phone kit

Options
  • 10-09-2008 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭

I installed an IPOD integration kit in my car today.
    The kit was essentially plug and play. I unplugged the ISO connection and then put in the IPOD kit one. Then I piggy backed the original kit onto the new connection.

Everything worked well, except for one thing. There was no bluetooth pass through on the new ISO connection, so there is no phone volume coming through the stereo.

I disconnected the bluetooth cable and connected it straight into the radio and it worked. The problem is that the cable is too short. I need to extend the cable by about 12 inches. Does anyone know where I could get an extension like this? I have attached a picture of the connection.

Really appreciate any help on this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Halfords or motor factors i would say

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

It's hard to judge by the rear of that connector, but it looks like out of that 10 pin connector, only 2 wires are used. I wouldn't bother trying to locate a plug and play extension cable, but would see if I knew any friends handy with a soldering iron. Cut the cable going into the connection, and just put more cable in between, obviously covering the soldered connections with heatshrink to insulate them electrically.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭randomer

ned78 wrote: »
    It's hard to judge by the rear of that connector, but it looks like out of that 10 pin connector, only 2 wires are used. I wouldn't bother trying to locate a plug and play extension cable, but would see if I knew any friends handy with a soldering iron. Cut the cable going into the connection, and just put more cable in between, obviously covering the soldered connections with heatshrink to insulate them electrically.

Thanks for that. I have a couple of friends who are electricians. Will get one of them to do it for me. I never really thought about that. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

yup, just cut the cables and splce a new length in between

Advertisement