Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where can i post link to my website?

Options
  • 10-09-2008 5:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

I gave up selling on ebay and made myself a website where I sell used video games, clothing, shoes, collectibles, books etc etc.

Where would be the appropriate place to post a link to it?
    I know I cant post links on adverts.ie for it.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Did you sign up to Boards.ie to do anything other than promote your business?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

You can post a small link in your signature but if you are seen only posting to promote your website and not bothering to contribute to boards.ie then you will be sitebanned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 glynngo

6th-if i wanted to promote my business then i would mention it somehow by name so that you could go google it. I have not mentioned anything other than that I have a website and want to post links about it.

ruu-thanks for the tip about sigs, but i think that would be seen as blatant advertising.lol.
    I just wondered if there was an appropriate section in this ENORMOUS forum for posting about ones own services.
    I think for now ill stick to advertising via the local rag and stay away from posting.

Nope, there are a few users who have a small link in their signature and contribute well across many of the forums. They do so without pimping their service and posting normally. The only other option on boards.ie is to buy banner space or maybe a commercial interaction forum like a few companies have.

• Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

RUU don't you have to have a ton of posts before your allowed have a signature? My CP says i dont have enough posts, when i tried to do it.

• Advertisement

Yep, forgot about that. You need 25 posts I think.

Advertisement