Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

who is better,red hot chilli peppers or the script ?

Options
  • 10-09-2008 5:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

personally i think the script is better but what do you (the public) think ? please reply !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Script are not very good in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 slash291

How can you possibly compare those two bands?:eek:? RHCP are one of the biggest bands in the world some great albums (some dodgy stuff i concede)...the script have one album...and the singles are'nt very good.

Who knows? maybe in 25 years time they'll still be around, but i wouldnt put my house on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Apples and Oranges I would have thought...Not really comparable bands, plus everyone will have their own opinion so I don't think you can find an answer when something is so subjective...

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Killgore Trout

It's a bit of a my da is better than your da argument.

But since you've asked for peoples opinion: the Chillis are an innovative band that have stood the test of time - The script are derivative and rather bland from what I've heard - it wouldn't prompt me to go and check out more of their stuff, filter to trash.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Are you judging the script on their album as a whole or the two songs that you have heard?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Killgore Trout

Judging them on the five songs I've heard now...

The Script haven't evolved their own character or style - it's a pastiche of Sting Coldplay and james blunt. The music and production is technically proficient but the whole package bland and unsatisfying. The lyrics were uninspiring.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

What a daft question! :p
    RHCP ftw!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

A 20-odd year legacy -vs- a questionable album that is being crammed down our throats? Tough one, I'll get back to you when I've given it due consideration

I smell a troll tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭KrazeeEyezKilla

The Chilli Peppers have managed to release a great album in each of the last three decades and have created their own style different to other rock bands. The Script have reeased one mediocre abum that sounds like Maroon 5. It's not a tough choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭click4444

red hot chilli peppers :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭peachystarr

Red Hot Chilli Peppers without a doubt. Those two bands are non comparable because the chillies are in a league of their own.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Are you serious?:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

RHCP are ok, nothing worth bragging about but work well as back ground noise or filler music...

the script... Honestly, id say there parents got them that record deal for their birthdays...

Bunch of wasters imho... Very bland, lyrics struggle to find a meaning...

IMVPO: LEts shoot em in the legs and cast them off the coast of galway in a dingie, never to return again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

This is a joke isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

they are both arse tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

This is the maddest thread ever.

The Chilis going more than 20 years now compared to a very bland sounding pop band :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭CyrildoSquirrel

Ah it's hardly fair to compare. RHCP have had more material the The Script.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭sparkzter

I have to say that I am confused by this comparrison? As I dont see the connection between the 2 bands! But anyway as you are asking, I have to say that RHCP are way way better! They are legends and will proberly be remembered for all time! I cant say the same about the Script! But hey who knows? They may well be the next big thing! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

I dont like or dislike the Peppers..I just cant take them serious...its like rock for retards..as for The Script..well...i havent heard enough of them yet..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭tubedude

Who's better? the red hot chilli peppers or the script........???????????
    What?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

they are both arse tbh.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

i think this is a wind up....

the next thread will be... who is better, joy division or east 17?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Squishy*

^ my thoughts exactly...

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭shivkk06

not big fan of either but say definately chilli peppers no comparison really

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ni4979

Red Hot Chili Peppers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Pumpkinseed

seiously:o

Advertisement