Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Over excited mum!

Options
  • 10-09-2008 7:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭

My little boy, 13 months yesterday, just walked across the kitchen to me! Sorry just had to post it!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Congrats!!!

Can't wait for that day :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

Aww thats great, his first wobbly (I'm sure:D) steps. Its great to see your child grow and develop. Enjoy this time with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭lostinnappies

WOOT, congrats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Lovely moment. Congrats.

Wont be long till the kitchen cupboards and drawers are the most interesting toys i the world (locks essential ;)). Chairs wil be for climbing purposes only and puddles will be irresistable. Love it, all of it.

kat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Congratulations.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭littlebitdull

Its very exciting isn't it. Glad to share in your joy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Nice one....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

themadchef wrote: »
    Lovely moment. Congrats.

Wont be long till the kitchen cupboards and drawers are the most interesting toys i the world (locks essential ;)). Chairs wil be for climbing purposes only and puddles will be irresistable. Love it, all of it.

kat

This would have been my post :D. Oh how soon they discover loads of new ways to get into mischief :eek::D

I'm glad I live in a bungalow as I get heart failure when I see my kids ascend and descend the stairs in my parent's house i.e. at breakneck speed and of course they have to jump the last 2 or 3 steps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭the glass woman

Thanks everyone for sharing my excitement, and also the reality check of whats to come....he can't do anymore damage than he already does while crawling....can he?? He's a little out of sorts the past two days as its 10 days since his mmr, so there has been no further attempts at walking since!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭littlebitdull

When mine were younger I had a press that I kept safe stuff in and allowed them to play with it ....

They really enjoyed playing with the pots and pans and wooden spoons ... seemingly a lot more than they enjoyed the toys I spend my few spare bob on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭davidoco

your not alone. My wife rang yesterday with the "you wont believe" shriek about our 12 month taking a few first steps. You would think she would be used to seeing people walking around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

Congrats. That is great news. I cant wait until our little one walks, taken a few steps and can stand for 5 seconds haha

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Thanks everyone for sharing my excitement, and also the reality check of whats to come....he can't do anymore damage than he already does while crawling....can he??
    Ohhhhh yeahhhhhh..... he will get into stuff you never thought possible, cos now hes hands free. :D

And then he'll start climbing things!

Its all fun though. Exhausting, but fun. Congrats. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭lolly22

Aww congrats what a great memory to have, cant wait for that day with mine:) he'll be keeping you busy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭the glass woman

davidoco wrote: »
    your not alone. My wife rang yesterday with the "you wont believe" shriek about our 12 month taking a few first steps. You would think she would be used to seeing people walking around.

Ah thats great news! My boy hasnt done that much walking since that day, he knows he can get around quicker crawling. I did hear a bit of commotion in the kitchen on saturday morning though, with my husband cheering him on, so at least my husband got to see him taking a couple of steps, which was great since he's been working late for the past 2 weeks and has barely seen us..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭chocciebutton

Great news, now the fun begins, my DS is 3 and a half, doesn't sit still for a minute, even while he is eating. Great to hear from Lolly, how are you getting on. How is the baby.

Advertisement