Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Book signing jitters.

Options
  • 10-09-2008 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Of all the things I've done, nothing has fazed me like this has.
    I have read many times that book signings are a waste of time and effort.
    My books have been on the market for 3 years and I have never done a signing. That is about to change because on the first weekend of October I am doing my first signing at Borders in Liverpool (near John Lennon airport). The staff at Borders tell me that True-Crime goes down well in Liverpool and not to worry about sitting alone at the signing table.
    I did a recce last week to see a woman sitting alone amongst a stack of her books... zilch... fanny adamsl! Oh, Christ almighty, what have I let myself in for.
    Wish me luck guys.
    Chris.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 idwc2009

Good Luck! Don't worry too much about it. They (the bookshop) want people to queue up to see you as much you do - so they can sell more of your books of course, so I'm sure they've publicesed (sp?) it well. And from the little you've said they sound like your stuff goes down well there anyway. Are you saying anything at the start of just going to start signing?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Good luck!

Even if you get nobody queuing (though of course you will), it's an achievement to be the focus of a book signing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Nice one!
    Book signing eh? What could go wrong? Write your name down on a piece of paper in case you forget and you should be grand...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

studiorat wrote: »
    Nice one!
    Book signing eh? What could go wrong? Write your name down on a piece of paper in case you forget and you should be grand...
    Hehe, good advice! :D
    Be sure to keep us updated as to how the signing goes and good luck! It's some achievment to actually write a book and get it published, let alone (as Dades said) to have your own book signing. I hope it goes well, enjoy your moment! :)

Advertisement