Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dan Martin to win Tour of Britain?

Options
  • 10-09-2008 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭

Looks like he could.

Have a look at the GC after stage 4: cyclingnews

As an aside, his Garmin-Chipotle teammate, Christian Meier has great hopes for him: bikingbros

Interesting article from Cyclingweekly Note the 'not a plastic Irishman' comment. ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Funkyzeit

dave2pvd wrote: »
    Looks like he could.

Have a look at the GC after stage 4: cyclingnews

As an aside, his Garmin-Chipotle teammate, Christian Meier has great hopes for him: bikingbros

Interesting article from Cyclingweekly Note the 'not a plastic Irishman' comment. ;)

In good shape alright - I have to say I was a bit cynical when he did declare for us but having seen him interviewed a few times I've been dead impressed with both his attitude and dedication. I think Roche given his performance in the Vuelta is the automatic choice but there is an argument to him being picked over Deignan..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭dave2pvd

On the podium now - cyclingnews

Good to see An Post/Sean Kelly doing so well. Pity some of the fast guys are moving on next year.

For the worlds, I would think Roche and Martin, with Deignan as reserve. Can't see Roche having anything left in the tank after the Vuelta though.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Signal_ rabbit

Do you ever think the commentator will pronounce An Post correctly?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

It's easy to forget Martin is only in his first season as a pro

If commentators can't pronounce Spanish and French names correctly, what are the chances of getting Irish names right?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 RapidResults

Do you mean Hugh Porter?

• Advertisement
Advertisement