Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AFL final in Melbourne

Options
  • 10-09-2008 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭

Bit of a long shot but heading to melbourne saturday and am going to be still there for the footie final on the 26th September and was wondering if its hard to come by a ticket???
    Probably sold out months ago but no harm in asking.
    If not will there be anything going on on the night in the city? Big screens, street parties etc....?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

man1 wrote: »
    Bit of a long shot but heading to melbourne saturday and am going to be still there for the footie final on the 26th September and was wondering if its hard to come by a ticket???
    Probably sold out months ago but no harm in asking.
    If not will there be anything going on on the night in the city? Big screens, street parties etc....?

would be sold out, or tickets will be like gold dust, and will be lots happening in melbourne anyway,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

st kilda to get in the final and win, I love st k!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭man1

hussey wrote: »
    would be sold out, or tickets will be like gold dust, and will be lots happening in melbourne anyway,

Thanks.
    Was quoted $2000 AUD last week. Ah well, it will be good craic around and about the city that night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭pucan

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    st kilda to get in the final and win, I love st k!!!

Tell em his dreaming...

Swannies to take care of the dogs tonight and meet Geelong in the pre-lim.

Op the tickets aren't sold out. But for the grand final you need to be a member of a club or the afl to get a public ticket. Only way you could get one at this stage is buying a package ticket which would cost about $2K.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

I know they wont get in and I hate AFL but I love St Kilda!!

• Advertisement

man1 wrote: »
    Thanks.
    Was quoted $2000 AUD last week. Ah well, it will be good craic around and about the city that night.

Yeah thats for a package, good ticket, dinner and drinks before hand, entry to an after match party, etc.

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    I know they wont get in and I hate AFL but I love St Kilda!!

Its not a bad spot alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Flairpinnedme

haha, no hope of st kilda beating hawthorn!

pucan wrote: »
    Swannies to take care of the dogs tonight and meet Geelong in the pre-lim.

Arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

I had tickets through my work , two meddillion tickets last year sold them cos the cats beat the pies :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement