Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions on some tracks I'm playing with?

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 688 ✭✭✭FlipperThePriest

I like the first one, sounds like something I'd hear on sky tv whilst browsing through the tv guide.

Think you could tighten up a few timing issues (no big deals) just slightly out in places,
    Thought the bass sounded a bit fluffy (maybe a bit of EQ)
    and thought maybe it'd be an idea (just a thought) to record the acoustic guitar riff again and place the 1st recording far left and the 2nd far right - would add a lot of width to the track. Wasn't too sure about the pan pipes, couldn't make my mind up. Also is there a loop used for the first guitar riff?

Mine is by no means an expert opinion, nice work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭shakenbake

Thanks for the feedback zippy. That instrument isn't actually 'pan pipes' but a synth lead overlapping the strings. I listened to it with new ears after that statement, so I'll do some changing about there ... there'll be NO pan pipes in any of MY songs ;) I'm aware of all the timing issues as it was a 'quick n dirty' concept at the time and the main guitar piece is a two loop bar alright. Thanks for the suggestions man, I like the panning idea and will definitely try that ... need to get a 12 string guitar too for the strummy chords!

• Subscribers Posts: 688 ✭✭✭FlipperThePriest

Quick n dirty defo seemed to be the theme man ;)
    The loop is pretty obvious and I like the way you change pick ups half way through the first riff :)(or so it seems), and i take it you'll get rid of the buzzing and clipping.

but as you say, it's a concept in the making...and not a bad one!

BTW I wouldn't regard my opinion too highly man, there's a lot more experience round here than my own!

Advertisement