Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scrambled Eggs for protein

2»

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

rubadub wrote: »
    I heard that too, and was a reason to fry eggs intact or hard boil them. I wouldnt worry too much, just have another egg if you are that worried!

The nutrients remain intact when you make an egg or omlette but scrambled eggs should be consumed immediately after cooking. Never eat scrambled eggs from a breakfast buffet as the cholesterol oxidises and causes heart plaque.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Need something else to spice up the eggs. Black pepper and onion not doing the job.

Someone suggested cheese .. do you just grate some cheese in and mix it while cooking or throw it on after?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Random wrote: »
    Need something else to spice up the eggs. Black pepper and onion not doing the job.

Someone suggested cheese .. do you just grate some cheese in and mix it while cooking or throw it on after?

Try garlic butter instead of normal butter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I don't put butter in .. didn't notice it making a difference so left it out. Garlic butter .. hmm .. might have to try some though !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

do you just grate some cheese in and mix it while cooking or throw it on after?
    Either/ or, although I put my cheese into the scramble egg mix and it melts as the eggs cook. Mmmm... cheesy goodness... :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭by8auj6csd3ioq

[quote=Deleted User;57291468, basically microwaving food is bad for you![/quote]Not necessarily true. I have read claims that No idea which is true In a hurrry all I can find is

http://www.realgoodfood.com/microwave.html

though it does not say microwaved food is better as it is exposed to heat for shorter time.

Edit: Had a quick google and there is an awful lot more negativity about dangers of mwave than when I last looked

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭nerdysal

Oh I love scrambled eggs! I always have 2 eggs, a dollop of butter and a good bit of milk and 2 slices of toast!
    Eggs are brilliant. My protein is constantly low and when I have a blood test coming up I go on a scrambled egg binge- works wonders!

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Tabasco sauce. No idea what it will taste like but it would spice it up.

I tried onions. It tasted like omelette. So I reckon things like mushrooms or tomatoes would work on the same omelette-like principle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Who said onions? Bloody good idea and dam tasty !

As for milk .. guess I'm gonna have to cut it out then .. hope they don't taste ****e tomorrow without it !

You could use double cream instead

Advertisement