Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

timing belt query

Options
  • 10-09-2008 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

i have an opel corsa 1.0litre 2001 and there are 64000 miles on it...not sure when timing belt needs to be done..does anyone know, i have no service history only bought this recently in a private sale :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Lucifer

Your corsa has a timing chain so you do not replace it like a belt. Best thing to do is regular oil changes to keep it in good condition, but in saying that, the 1 litre coras do give timing chain trouble where they get quite noisy due to stretching/wear. If it gets noisy you will need to replace it then.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Lucifer wrote: »
    Your corsa has a timing chain so you do not replace it like a belt. Best thing to do is regular oil changes to keep it in good condition, but in saying that, the 1 litre coras do give timing chain trouble where they get quite noisy due to stretching/wear. If it gets noisy you will need to replace it then.
    Your spot on there;)

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭memeandmark

thanks im getting it serviced tomorrow so will see what they have to say thanks very much

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Silly me!:o

• Advertisement
Advertisement