Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin to Australia with no flying?

Options
  • 10-09-2008 9:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭

After looking at the previous thread about the guys driving sponsored cars off to OZ i was just wondering if there is anyone out there with tips on getting over there with absolutly no flying involved?

I have spoken to someone who did the drive with their family back in the 70's but i want to see if anyone has attempted a trek like this before?

Routes, forms of transport etc!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭peeps78

check out this blog by a guy who's traveled around the world without stepping on a plane.
    http://www.lowcarbontravel.com/
    its got good links.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭k974

across europe to moscow trans siberian to china, china to vietnam then the well trodden se asia backpacker route down to singapore into indonesia and try find a boat to darwin. easy and safest way to go without flying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I don't thing it's a very easy or cheap option. I looked in to it when coming to nz cos I hate flying. You'd hae to get to hong kong or Singapore over land and then try and blag your way on a cargo ship. There's no ferries or cruise ships or anything.

I don't think it's worth it to be honest. You're better off getting on a plane. If you have a phobia there are a few options - check out the phobias forum. There's a thread on it there

Advertisement