Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Picking up DCG in 6th year

Options
  • 10-09-2008 10:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

I am repeating and was looking for peoples thoughts on how it differs to TG?
    Is it harder?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Presuming you did tech drawing last year, you should have no problems, major problems anyways!:cool:

I would however talk to the teacher, afaik, the new course is basically the same as the previous one with a few extra areas like developments added in. Other than that and the project of course, much of the works is the same, simplifyed and less of it because of the time constraints in the exam, because there is only one 3 hour exam! After that, the only difference is that where they would have called something a pentagon, itll now be something like a holder for some thing or a building, but be the same shape by all means!

The project will be the biggest problem, starting on the cad asap is important, the project is 40%, and about 15 sheets, 5 of them must be computer generated afaik, the others comprise of freehand drawing and research etc! I would think, being it a new subject, this year is a good year in some ways to do it, as it may be marked easier.....or be easier than next years, or thats the hope anyway!

Advertisement