Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] Why dont CCP fire themselves and hire the SHC crew?

Options
  • 10-09-2008 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭

Seriously, was reading this thread on SHC and theres just good ideas, good concepts bouncing out of it all over the place...

"Fix" people hiding logistics alts in noob corps and/or high sec isk farming?

CCP Weirda:
    Weirda believe that certain ship class should be restricted from piloting while in NPC corp (same way that some skill can't be trained on Trial acct).

For example:
    - Freighters
    - t2 mining ship
    - Capital Ship

With some small refinements, like undock whatever in low sec [where anyone can be shot anyway], dont undock in anything other than a frigate, cruiser or destroyer in high sec then \0/ youve solved the noob corp issue without ****ing over the noob players who are just getting into the game.

"Fix" people docking up for high sec war decs?

CCP agent apple:
    To me at least it seems so easy to combine current contract and FW code to create a really good war dec system.

A Starts a war and sets surrender fee in isk. A also has to place the same amount in escrow themselves. Starting a war spawns a war bunker in the closest high sec system to the decced corps CEO.

Each week B can Increase the surrender fee, doing so means they must also match the amount in escrow and that A has 24hrs to match the increase or forfeit. B can also let the war continue or surrender.

Either A or B may hire mercenaries to the war for a percentage of the surrender fee at anytime.

If A forfeits B take the fee minus any mercenary fees due. If B surrenders A take the fee minus any mercenary fees due. If the war is allowed to finish due to no combat all fees are returned to the orginal parties minus the original surrender fee which is eaten by concord.

However the war bunker acts as a method of preventing docking and hiding to end wars. Each DT the bunker is set to neutral. It then is taken like a FW bunker however it may be capped by the other side anytime before the next DT. If the bunker is continually capped by both sides even if no ships are destroyed the war will not time out. If the bunker is taken by one side uncontested for three days straight it is considered a victory for that side and they take all the war fees minus and mercenary fees due.

So in practise the possible can happen:
    A pays minimum fee to see corp docked for a week.
    B Gets mercs involved who try to take the fee for themselves.
    B fights and take the fee for themselves.
    B surrenders, A gets surrender fee.

You now have a system where if you agress someone you might find the tables turned and mercs coming to exploit it. You have the financial incentive provided by the aggressor so noobs cant be priced out of the fight and you also have a system where you can make isk by winning a war, possibly lots if overly cocky mercs get involved and try to ramp the price up.

Anything these guys come up with has to be better than this guy

CCP Greyscale:
    Allowing a player corp full of hardened combat veterans to pay a relatively small amount of money and be able to freely and without penalty attack a small group of players with whom they have absolutely no past relationship and who represent neither any kind of threat nor any kind of challenge and whose death will generate no rewards is absolutely a pay-to-grief system - indeed, it's a definitive example - and I don't see how it has any place in this game.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Fecking great ideas those. I've lost most faith in the people that CCP put in charge to 'fix' things since Zuulpark and his crazy changes. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

anyone have a laundrylist they want me to bring to the roundtables at fanfest?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

jaggeh wrote: »
    anyone have a laundrylist they want me to bring to the roundtables at fanfest?

Kill CCP Zuulpark please :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

What did Zuulpark do?

Also can I get a TL;DR up in hurr?

Wait does Weirda speak in the 3rd person? christ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭mamolian

Yea bring up the firing of that idiot that changed the carriers, and behind the upcomming speed changes :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Also can I get a TL;DR up in hurr?

CCP Greyscale thinks war decs are PvPers griefing people who just want to mine and mission run in peace.

SHC posters>CCP Devs for ideas on "fixing" game issues.

Actually, that might be too verbose.....

SHC>CCP...idd

Sand wrote: »
    CCP Greyscale thinks war decs are PvPers griefing people who just want to mine and mission run in peace.

SHC posters>CCP Devs for ideas on "fixing" game issues.

Actually, that might be too verbose.....

SHC>CCP...idd

kyp_durron thanks you.

Advertisement