Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Piercing issues...

Options
  • 10-09-2008 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭

I've given up, it's time I got a wee bit of advise on this and who better to ask than you lot!

So I got my helix pierced over a year ago now. It was a slow healer and prone to infection at the start. I got some advise from this 'ere board and slowly but surely the infection cleared up, and the pain went away - I was able to sleep on my left side again finally. Hurrah!
    However, I am still having issues with the damn thing! I have sea salt soaked it within an inch of it's life, which works great, but once I stop, the problems come back.
    Basically, it's like it still oozes crud. If I leave it alone for any length of time, and then go to move it, there is a wee 'crust' that come away with the movement.

Also, I have what I suspect is a keloid. Basically, a small bubble has formed around the piercing on the inside of my ear. It's not sore, it's not hard but it ain't pretty and it's bugging the hell out of me.
    Is there any way of getting rid of this without resorting to cutting it off?
    Should I just keep sea salt soaking it and not moving it (which I fear is what got me in this mess in the first place!) and hope it goes away?
    Or is it time I gave up and took it out? If I was to do this, is there anyway of getting rid of the keloid without cutting?

Any advise welcome :)

Cheers,
    Fiona

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

Ouchies. Sounds like you're just not having fun. Soaking is the best for it. It sounds like a similar issue I had with a nape. I kept soaking it but, the damage had gone too far. I took it out, healed, and did it again. And it's fine now. I'd pop along to a piercer. They'd be able to advise you best as to your next steps.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Fiii

Thanks for that. Might just pop into the place I got it done and ask their advise.
    Gah, and it was my new start, new piercing piercing! haha. Oh well, maybe it is time to let go :(

Well this is not good news (if I have to lose it), I am trying hard not to get more ink just yet, and now I will be a piercing down! I'll need some new mods even more now! ha

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Like F_S said, pop into a piercer if you want the best advice, but bear in mind that cartlidge piercings can take a long long time to heal!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭gaybitch

I had four of these in at one point, and one of them had a little bump as you describe. It's really annoying - but mine went away after a few weeks/month ish. My tip would be to keep your hair as far away as possible from it - tie up your hair as much as you can until it's settled in and not giving you any trouble.

Clean it as much as you can, and when you get out of the shower dry it with it's own little disposable tissue, not the towel, because cloth transmits bacteria. Try not to touch it too much and spin it around too much, no matter how tempting it is! Try to limit the touching to when you're cleaning it with antibac soap and taking away all the residue around the ring - so maybe just three times a day, tops.

It should be fine, but if it goes two weeks with no improvement or if it gets worse, maybe just take it out. It's pretty cheap to get repierced there anyway! Good luck.

Advertisement