Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Honda Accord Estate vs Volvo V70 Estate

Options
  • 10-09-2008 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭

Anybody got either?
    Currently looking at a 2004 2 litre petrol Accord estate and a 2002 V70 2 litre turbo (both around 100k miles, around the same cash. Have any of you owned/driven either? Family is in the process of expanding from three to five so an estate seems the best compromise between normal sized cars and ****house MPVs.
    I'll be test driving both tomorrow but I'm leaning towards the Accord so far based purely on it's looks and good reviews for handling but I reckon the V70 might be more practical.

I'd be interested in any opinions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Had a V70 from work for a while, it was a D5 automatic (much better option than a 2.0t IMO), nice car, had the 7 seats. boot was pretty big, not very high in the back. turning circle on the Volvo is ridiculous.

I'm not sure I'd have the Honda first though, the seats in the Volvo are super comfy, the interior is great, and I think the Volvo has more presence on the road and has nicer styling.

On the other hand, the Honda is bound to be more reliable, and is more modern.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭mossieh

Cheers Colm. The V70 does seem more practical although I'd suspect that the relatively high mileage would sit better on the Accord.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

Wife has the V70; in 2.0T Auto mode. Haven't driven the Accord. The vulva is a damn nice place to be; interior is fantastic, amazing seats, huge boot. Better looking too IMO. Effortless to drive; even though its a barge it handles very well and the 5 cylinder puts the power down nicely when you need it. Thirsty though, she gets about 22 mpg around town. I get more like thirty on the open road.

Edit; we've 100k plus on ours & just had to replace a leaky power-steering pump. Other than that its feels very solid.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭mossieh

Yeah, the V70 is probably the right option. those fuel consumtion figures sound pretty scary though...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

cjt156 wrote: »
    The vulva is a damn nice place to be.

It is indeed, and I agree about the interior, but I've yet to see one with seats! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭MaxFlower

phutyle wrote: »
    It is indeed, and I agree about the interior, but I've yet to see one with seats! :eek:

Don't like the automatic ones, much prefer stick shift!:D

Advertisement