Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Todays Ibood: Archos 605 160gb Wifi: € 269,95

• 10-09-2008 11:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 485 ✭✭

Todays Ibood is the Archos 605 160gb wifi with dvr station.

Seems like a good bargain. Any comments from anyone who has one?

Any of the reviews i checked says its a good one except for having to buy all of the add ons...

http://www.ibood.com/site/eu/ibood.php

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

They've just released the next gen archos players, but yeah, with the dvr station it's a good price. Got the 40Gb version there a couple of months ago and i'm very impressed, great for movies.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

What type of hard drive do these take? Is it a standard 2.5" sata? Can you install your own one if you like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

They've just released the next gen archos players, but yeah, with the dvr station it's a good price. Got the 40Gb version there a couple of months ago and i'm very impressed, great for movies.

Is it too big to use on the move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

cronos wrote: »
    Is it too big to use on the move.

It's primarily a video machine, and it's a bit on the chunky side. But i carry it around town for music, and videos on the bus, so it's definitely pocketable. I use it around the house a lot and with it's built in wifi it's nice being able to connect to my home pc and take/watch films

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

While this does come with wifi, it doesn't come with a browser. you have to pay extra to get the browser plugin unless a crack has been released since I last looked. Also, I found the battery to be a bit miserable on it, and thats only when playing music!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,947 ✭✭✭long_b

That's a good price, Paid nearly that for an 80 GB player from the previous generation with no DVR. Nice one.
    You can't swap hard drives AFAIK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

I have one and it's okay. Really only worth paying extra for if you want to carry it around with you. I prefer my argosy video player to my archos, cheaper too. ps. Got them both on ibood but had to pay extra in DID for DVR station. Crap without it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,397 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

was a bit disappointed with the archos 605 although don't have a dock for it, so that limits my connectivity options.... its bad that they don't use standard cables and lock down the functionality with plugin you have to buy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭grimm2005

great deal imo considering i got the 80gb for €290 last christmas without the dvr dock which basically costs €100. its obviously cos the new gen players are out. I love it and find its a great player. the battery life isnt fantastic if your watching video (i'd get about 3 - 4 hours out of it) but apart from that its perfectly adaquete imo. you do have to buy the browser seperate for €20 (i think) but tbh i've not come across many situations where i've needed to use it, probably because nearly all the wireless hot spots in town are pay for :mad: and at home i've got instant access to a pc. although it can be used to stream vids and music from your pc which is handy if plug it into your telly. the best feature though imo is that 800x480 screen, looks great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 485 ✭✭ninjasurfer1

Just bought it on IBOOD so here's hoping it works as they advertise!!! ;
    -)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

It has virtually unlimited storage for movies, photographs, music and other files.

hmmmmmmm :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

If anyone bought one of these & decides they don't want it or bought a "spare"... could you give me a shout... I've been sitting at the PC for nearly a year every evening at 22.59 pressing F5 like an idiot hoping they'd get one of these on...

I went on holiday last week :(

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭viv.ie

iMax wrote: »
    If anyone bought one of these & decides they don't want it or bought a "spare"... could you give me a shout... I've been sitting at the PC for nearly a year every evening at 22.59 pressing F5 like an idiot hoping they'd get one of these on...

I went on holiday last week :(
    http://www.newmp3technology.com/Archos-605-160GB.htm
    Best price outside fleabay and iBood,for a few euros more you will get a good nights kip:)

Has anyone received their ibood Archos 605 yet?

I've recently moved address (updated ibood account with new address) and am worried in case they have sent it to the old address instead.

Has anyone received their ibood Archos 605 yet?

I've recently moved address (updated ibood account with new address) and am worried in case they have sent it to the old address instead.
    Hi Folks,

Has anyone received the Archos 605 player from Ibood yet?
    I rang them last week and they gave me a crap tracking code that does'nt work on either an post or TNT (who i think they ship with in holland).

I rang them a few times and they've said they are having troubles tracking it (even with the original shipping company!!).

They said they will refund me in 3-4 weeks time if it hasn't shown up by then.
    (That's approx 8-9 weeks after ordering it from them!!).

If anyone has received it, can you let me know when you got it and from which shipping company (an post, DHL, etc).

Cheers,

• Registered Users Posts: 3 shamrockbuyer

Am having the very same problem with ibood delivery of the archos 605 wifi. Pawned off with some rubbish about item is down as being shipped and reference number with An Post, which does not exist when I rang An Post to confirm. Numerous emails sent and keep getting same stupid response.....delivery due the next few days. Am sorry I wasted my time with this. Also have not heard of anyone in Ireland getting the device as yet. Very bad reports coming out about this company regarding other products that have been on offer. Will probably be December before get delivery/refund at this rate:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Am having the very same problem with ibood delivery of the archos 605 wifi. Pawned off with some rubbish about item is down as being shipped and reference number with An Post, which does not exist when I rang An Post to confirm. Numerous emails sent and keep getting same stupid response.....delivery due the next few days. Am sorry I wasted my time with this. Also have not heard of anyone in Ireland getting the device as yet. Very bad reports coming out about this company regarding other products that have been on offer. Will probably be December before get delivery/refund at this rate:mad:

Ring them, the number is on the thread.. in fact here it is off the delivery docket for my 22" LG screen I got last week 0031206811388 they will answer in Dutch just talk to them in English and they just immediately switch, the e-mail support is a disaster though but the phone works a treat. If the item has been despatched via DPD them use the Dutch DPD site to track your item, get them to check who they sent it with while speaking to them.
    I was on to them for 2m34secs so it doesn't take al that long.

MC

• Registered Users Posts: 3 shamrockbuyer

Rang them yesterday, was told that they would ring me back - nothing. Rang again this morning - and after much complaining finally was told that they have lost it in transit and they have started an investigation. How long would that take? I asked. About 1 to 2 weeks. I stated that it was not acceptable and I wanted a refund! They refused until investigation was finished. Never heard the like, will never use this shower again :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Think you may have approached them a bit steeply there, they will refund but want to make sure the item is returned to them before they cancel, not great CS but then again you don't buy off iBood for the CS in the first place.

MC

Think you may have approached them a bit steeply there, they will refund but want to make sure the item is returned to them before they cancel, not great CS but then again you don't buy off iBood for the CS in the first place.

MC

Well, I've given them a full week and rang them again. They basically told me not to bother them for another week at least (or until they hear back from their shipping agent (whose name they wouldn't give!!!).

Does anyone know whether we can demand our money back now under the distance selling act?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭cgf

If you paid via Credit Card just get onto your cc provider explain the situation and they will block ibood or refund your money.

email iblood and tell them to cancel the order. I know a few people that have had to do this with ibood.

Well, rang them again today and they said it's been "lost" by the Postal company (No other info available).
    They "Happened" to have one spare Archos player left which they have agreed to post.
    It was that or a credit note for ibood (Doubt this last bit is legal though as I believe they would have to give a refund if the item is not available).

Will let ye know if/when the new one arrives....

Advertisement