Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More than Butterflies

Options
  • 11-09-2008 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Uh-oh...got registration details today in the post for the taught postgrad I'm starting.

I got my degree 5 years ago in a different university, and decided to go ahead and do the postgrad a few months ago.

But today I found out that there are only 4 others doing the course. What if they are all 21/22yr olds and see me as the boring newbie who hasn't got a clue of where the library is or anything...Cringe.

tbh I'm seriously freaking out about the whole thing now!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Just go and enjoy it. Trust me, you'll be fine. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

fission wrote: »
    But today I found out that there are only 4 others doing the course.
    That's brilliant! With that size of group, lecturers will be able to relax and keep things informal, encourage interaction and participation, take questions / start discussions, etc. You're very lucky, I'm surprised the course is going ahead with those numbers!
    fission wrote: »
    But today I found out that there are only 4 others doing the course. What if they are all 21/22yr olds and see me as the boring newbie who hasn't got a clue of where the library is or anything...Cringe.
    Meh! In that size of group, more likely that ye will all be meeting for pints by the end of the week!

You've been through one degree, you know how the basic system works, you will find the library etc. within a day.

Do you know anyone attending that college? Why not meet up with them the week before, say, get a guided tour, find out where the basics are, have a coffee and re-acclimatise to the roar in the canteen! :D

You'll find yourself settling in in no time!

Advertisement