Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ryanair again...€1 flights Sept & Oct

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭kingaaa

Just got an email from ryanair saying they are having an 8 million seat sale for €10 each way including tax,fees and charges.Malaga is'nt included but it is listed in the sale for €23.27 each way including tax,fees and charges.These flights are only on a Monday, thursday and saturday.Blackout period 17th of october to 3rd of november.I put in a search for thursday the 2nd flying out, coming back on monday the 6th.It works out a €253.70 before credit card fees.I tried all the previous and next days but there was no sign of a €23.27 flight.This is my point I originally tried to make.Its on the web-site for this price, but when I try to go through the booking process they're no-where to be seen.I know they are sublect to availability, but I was actually at the computer when the email came in and got on to the site straight away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

kingaaa wrote: »
    Just got an email from ryanair saying they are having an 8 million seat sale for €10 each way including tax,fees and charges.Malaga is'nt included but it is listed in the sale for €23.27 each way including tax,fees and charges.These flights are only on a Monday, thursday and saturday.Blackout period 17th of october to 3rd of november.I put in a search for thursday the 2nd flying out, coming back on monday the 6th.It works out a €253.70 before credit card fees.I tried all the previous and next days but there was no sign of a €23.27 flight.This is my point I originally tried to make.Its on the web-site for this price, but when I try to go through the booking process they're no-where to be seen.I know they are sublect to availability, but I was actually at the computer when the email came in and got on to the site straight away.

You just need to be flexible. As it said there's 8 million seats available. Flights are subject to availability.

You just need to be flexible. As it said there's 8 million seats available. Flights are subject to availability.

workaccount, I did try all the previous days available and all the next days available, could'nt find one single flight for the price advertised.

workaccount, I did try all the previous days available and all the next days available, could'nt find one single flight for the price advertised.

Within what date range?

Is it to one destination? - must be very popular.

Within what date range?

Is it to one destination? - must be very popular.

Going to Malaga
    flying out 2nd october
    returning 6th october

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

There ya go. November 4th - 12th. 0 Euro plus taxes and charges = 53.72 (plus cc fee) return for a 2 hour flight. Thats not bad.

You are trying to book a flight that is little over 2 weeks away. Of course the flight will be fairly well sold by now.

axer wrote: »
    There ya go. November 4th - 12th. 0 Euro plus taxes and charges = 53.72 (plus cc fee) return for a 2 hour flight. Thats not bad.

You are trying to book a flight that is little over 2 weeks away. Of course the flight will be fairly well sold by now.

yeah I know its close now, but beleive me I've been chasing these for a few months now

yeah I know its close now, but beleive me I've been chasing these for a few months now
    Maybe others are going to the same event you want to go to thus have booked it ages ago. You do see it is possible to get those prices then - you just have to be flexible.

Maybe others are going to the same event you want to go to thus have booked it ages ago. You do see it is possible to get those prices then - you just have to be flexible.

I do agree that these flights can be had, I've just never had any sucsess finding them.I mean they advertise millions of these flights,but they always seem to be gone in seconds.

I do agree that these flights can be had, I've just never had any sucsess finding them.I mean they advertise millions of these flights,but they always seem to be gone in seconds.
    They also have millions of customers.

• Advertisement

The flights your trying to get deals on might have been fully booked before the sale started.

The flights your trying to get deals on might have been fully booked before the sale started.

Do you think? Its hard to beleive that Malaga in October would be booked out months in advance.Anyway, looks like its not happening so not to worry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Please mods close this thread, its been a moan fest for the last few days, and no longer on topic.

MC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

Well a new sale started today to more destinations than before, so maybe a new topic can be made for that

Please mods close this thread, its been a moan fest for the last few days, and no longer on topic.

MC

Well it's actually back on topic now.

MC

If its bothering you that much,just dont read it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭lensman

I've been trying for two days now to book 2 return flights (dublin to salzburg) with no success, they are advertised at €10 incl charges, every combination of dates I try gives the same message " no flights available on the date you entered " & the usual 4 or 5 reasons why, the aerlingus booking site is much better as it lets you see what days are available & the cost on each day.
    ( I've never used ryanair & I have a gut feeling their only waiting to screw me in some way)

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭askU

lensman wrote: »
    I've been trying for two days now to book 2 return flights (dublin to salzburg) with no success, they are advertised at €10 incl charges, every combination of dates I try gives the same message " no flights available on the date you entered " & the usual 4 or 5 reasons why, the aerlingus booking site is much better as it lets you see what days are available & the cost on each day.
    ( I've never used ryanair & I have a gut feeling their only waiting to screw me in some way)

use skyscanner.net to find cheapest flight!

If its bothering you that much,just dont read it?

Because we have to listen to you drone on about not getting cheap flights but it seems you don't really know how to use the RyanAir website to book a flight...

End of.

MC :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Because we have to listen to you drone on about not getting cheap flights but it seems you don't really know how to use the RyanAir website to book a flight...

End of.

MC :rolleyes:

you dont have to listen to anything you dont want to, plenty of other threads on the board.Or ore you just another cyber-hardman that tries to push his weight about on forums?like I said before, if you dont like whats being said on the thread,p**s off!

you dont have to listen to anything you dont want to, plenty of other threads on the board.Or ore you just another cyber-hardman that tries to push his weight about on forums?like I said before, if you dont like whats being said on the thread,p**s off!
    or debate back.

or debate back.

exactly!!!! cant understand the need to sound like a sm**t-ass, either agree, disagree or make a valid comment.No need for it.

Your right, you just made the ignore list...

Ah peace and quiet.

MC

nothing worse than a mod-wannabe!

Your right, you just made the ignore list...

Ah peace and quiet.

MC

With all due respect the thread was back on topic until you came along.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

To get this back on topic, it seems the sale has changed to include less destinations. I thought the other sale was book until midnight Wednesday but was it just midnight Monday?

I wonder is it an even distribution of the cheap seats among all the routes or do they allocate more to the less-busy routes tring to entice more passengers?

I wonder is it an even distribution of the cheap seats among all the routes or do they allocate more to the less-busy routes tring to entice more passengers?

I'd imagine it would be the latter. Most sales seem to exist to get rid of stock business' don't want anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭6ix

I just read all of this, what a rollercoaster thread!

Kingaaa, while you have your problems with Ryanair, I think you'll agree that those flights can be had-I've got them myself several times (no taxes/charges/fees). It actually boggles the mind, but I'm not complaining.:D

I'd say with Malaga you're out of luck as the more popular destinations are rarely included in the sales (I think). Still despite their rough and ready nature- you'll more often than not get a flight to mainland Europe for less than a bus/train journey across Ireland, it's superb!

6ix wrote: »
    I just read all of this, what a rollercoaster thread!

Kingaaa, while you have your problems with Ryanair, I think you'll agree that those flights can be had-I've got them myself several times (no taxes/charges/fees). It actually boggles the mind, but I'm not complaining.:D

I'd say with Malaga you're out of luck as the more popular destinations are rarely included in the sales (I think). Still despite their rough and ready nature- you'll more often than not get a flight to mainland Europe for less than a bus/train journey across Ireland, it's superb!

6ix, I do agree that they can be got - I've just never got one. They seem to be more orientated to somebody who can travel when they want you to travel, and with a family I'm afraid thats not really possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

6ix, I do agree that they can be got - I've just never got one. They seem to be more orientated to somebody who can travel when they want you to travel, and with a family I'm afraid thats not really possible.

That's a bit of a change from:
    I think its only Ryanair staff and family that get these wonder flights!
    As for conspiracies, I'm not into them but I do challenge anybody to show me a €1 flight, I think they are rarer than hens teeth and even rarer for dates that people would actually want to travel on.

I'd still like to hear from somebody that actually got a £1 flight, and exactly where it was to.Surley the whole 3 million flights cant be going to their more far-flung routes? That just dont make sense!

MOH wrote: »
    That's a bit of a change from:

I think If you read what I said you'll see I did'nt change anything.For me, they are'nt readily available unless I wanted to travel when they wanted me to - which does'nt make a lot of sense to me.ANYTIME I searched for flights in these sales for when I actually wanted to travel they just are'nt there.

Jesus! another brain surgeon looking for an on-line slagging match!

Compare their sales to the Cheaptickets.com sale a few weeks ago, I got the whole family to Orlando when WE actually want to go for less than half the price of Aer Lingus for the same dates.Now thats a sale!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭johnfás

That is the nature of all sales. Shops which put stock on sale don't put the stock you want on sale, they put the stock which they want to clear from their stockroom on sale.

Advertisement