Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price of esb and gas etc

Options
  • 11-09-2008 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭

Now that

The barrel of oil has dropped to $105 a barrel. things should be dropping in price.
    But yet to see a drop in the price of petrol yet they were bleeding quick enough to whack the prices up they seem to be slow on bringing them back down. Then i hear on the radio this morning that the our gas bills and esb bills wont be coming down as they have signed long term contracts at the rate it was when they applied for the increases. It makes you laugh what these people get away it by ripping us off any chance they get.

I think we should do like the French and take to the streets when things like this happen.

Any way rant over

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

ambman wrote: »
    I think we should do like the French and take to the streets when things like this happen.

+1

Joke aside those companies are so badly managed that they have poor cash reserves.
    So everytime barrel price has a hickup, they so badly need cash to cover the extra costing price.
    Now of course they won't drop their prices down.

Why do you think they ask for deposits to new customers, they aint got cash. they use this extra cash to finance themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Toiletroll

ambman wrote: »
    Now that

The barrel of oil has dropped to $105 a barrel. things should be dropping in price.
    But yet to see a drop in the price of petrol yet they were bleeding quick enough to whack the prices up they seem to be slow on bringing them back down. Then i hear on the radio this morning that the our gas bills and esb bills wont be coming down as they have signed long term contracts at the rate it was when they applied for the increases. It makes you laugh what these people get away it by ripping us off any chance they get.

Any way rant over

Holy sh|T!... This is not right!

F*ck the contracts, we are in recession! What is wrong with these greedy theives. If issues like this continue then I will join any revolution going!

PM for for sig!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

A lot of the filling stations will not lower the price at the pumps because their shops has seen a drop in sales. I know of two filling stations (1.25c for petrol, 1.30c for diesel) that will not lower the price at the pumps because of this. What really is stupid is that their shops has seen a drop in sales more than likely because of their fuel prices and people are filling up elsewhere, which is the case with the two filling stations above.

I said it a few days back to the owner of the filling stations and the answer I got was it was nothing to do with the price of his fuel , it was that people just had less money and are using their cars less. Didn't like it when I told him that a 20 minute drive down the road where most of his customers are now going, myself included, were charging 1.18c for petrol and 1.24c for diesel, and the shop there was making a fortune.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Too right to tell them. THink it will a few weeks til the real reductions start kicking in and heading towards the euro mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Toiletroll

TheDriver wrote: »
    Too right to tell them. THink it will a few weeks til the real reductions start kicking in and heading towards the euro mark

Didnt the government add 8c per litre? ... We wont save a thing. F*ck you Irish Government! We are loosing competitivness and we price ourselves higher on fuel. Way to go!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭CyrildoSquirrel

My latest ESB bill is over :eek: double :eek: what the last one was.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

My latest ESB bill is over :eek: double :eek: what the last one was.

The rates weren't doubled, you just used more electricity

Advertisement