Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jeremy Irons

Options
  • 11-09-2008 12:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Was anyone else here at this event? Wow, he was unbelievable! As was Ryan Tubridy in fairness. Disappointed that I didn't get the chance to take his autograph but that's life. For anyone who missed it, it was recorded and will be on the Tubridy Show tomorrow morning.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭shanegj

Davywalshy wrote: »
    Was anyone else here at this event? Wow, he was unbelievable! As was Ryan Tubridy in fairness. Disappointed that I didn't get the chance to take his autograph but that's life. For anyone who missed it, it was recorded and will be on the Tubridy Show tomorrow morning.
    yea i was there with 2 other boardies one of which tried to get a autograph too but didn't because he left fairly quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭monellia

I was pleasantly surprised when he said that he most enjoyed portraying Humbert Humbert, the role which initiated my interest in Irons' acting and which I mainly identify him with. I feel privelleged to have gotten the chance to ask him a question (despite gettin a case of the stutters! :p ), and was very impressed with how intelligent and articulate he was all in his answers. I especially admire his views on same-sex relationships and how our modern society with our obsession with sexuality has come to misinterpret them. Couldn't agree more! Aside from that, he came across as a thoroughly nice and genuine guy. Much respek.

monellia wrote: »
    I was pleasantly surprised when he said that he most enjoyed portraying Humbert Humbert, the role which initiated my interest in Irons' acting and which I mainly identify him with. I feel privelleged to have gotten the chance to ask him a question (despite gettin a case of the stutters! :p ), and was very impressed with how intelligent and articulate he was all in his answers. I especially admire his views on same-sex relationships and how our modern society with our obsession with sexuality has come to misinterpret them. Couldn't agree more! Aside from that, he came across as a thoroughly nice and genuine guy. Much respek.
    oh where were you sitting i might of seen you

shanegj wrote: »
    oh where were you sitting i might of seen you
    Fellow Belgrovian, I see! I was middle aisle, middle-ish row. Plaits and glasses, heh. Where were you at?

monellia wrote: »
    Fellow Belgrovian, I see! I was middle aisle, middle-ish row. Plaits and glasses, heh. Where were you at?
    i think i remember you,
    i was more to the front than you on the right handside

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

shanegj wrote: »
    yea i was there with 2 other boardies one of which tried to get a autograph too but didn't because he left fairly quickly.

Yes, I too hovered around afterward but he didn't hang round which was dissapointing.
    I was pleased to hear that his favourite role was Humbert Humbert, I had my Lolita book for him to sign, and my copy of Brideshead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Sarchasm

I had my copy of Brideshead too, he did a few autographs for the committee, but I think he isnt really into all that celebrity stuff, so I wasnt really surprised or even that dissapointed that he didnt do any in the theatre.It was just great to see and hear him in the flesh, hes a really interesting person, even if you ignore the fact that hes a great actor. Ryan Tubridy was really annoying, he hadnt even bothered to get his facts right, saying that they were re-releasing Brideshead, he was also quite patronising to some of the people who asked questions. I'm glad Jeremy Irons was pretty sharp with him.

Sarchasm wrote: »
    Ryan Tubridy was really annoying, he hadnt even bothered to get his facts right, saying that they were re-releasing Brideshead, he was also quite patronising to some of the people who asked questions. I'm glad Jeremy Irons was pretty sharp with him.
    Defo agree. Sometimes I like Ryan and sometimes he pisses me off. However, even when I don't like his personality, I still think he has all the qualities a top presenter/interviewer should have and for that I can respect him. But on Wednesday he didn't even show those qualities. I thought he was actually rather rude to Jeremy.

I don't like Ryan Tubridy at all
    when i walked in and saw him i tought "oh no not that idiot"

Advertisement