Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kids guitar lessons, greystones

Options
  • 11-09-2008 1:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭

Hi, I'm looking for guitar lessons for my daughter, anyone know a good kids guitar teacher in the greystones area?
    I had heard of a lady in redford park who teaches piano and violin , I think as well, but cant track her down! Any help? This lady whoul be great if anyone had her number, or ideally someone similar. I'd prefer a woman teacher.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭dreamingoak

i got a number today for a kids guitar class which seems from the flyer to be starting soon in 'st patricks community centre' on the main street. I'm assuming this is the st patricks school, as I dont think there are any community centres left in greystones. there used to be three. tsk. but I have the number if anyone wants it... flyer said 6 to 12 year olds I think.

still would love the redford park lady's number tho if anyone has it?:confused::confused::confused:

this is the flyer, from gumtree.

eginners Guitar Lessons

10 week Guitar Course 120 euro

Starting Wednesday 24th September
    At 7.30pm to 8.30pm
    St Patrick,s Community Centre, Church Road, Greystones

Afternoon lessons for children Starting Thursday 25th September
    3.30pm to 4.30 pm

Bookings Contact: 0863291158

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ro23

I went to stuart crampton in redford for a good few years when I was a teenager. He's really good,but has a long waiting list.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

Isn't the St. Patrick's Community Centre the new building beside the church on Church Road? (i.e. their new church hall).

Also note there's three other threads in this forum that have discussed this topic already and might have more info for you:

Here
    Here
    and
    Here

• Advertisement

thanks, cousin. I did look at those, but they didnt mention any local classes for kids, more adults and teenagers. I dont want to send her to a teacher who is not used to working with children. I live in redford park, so the lady down the road whould be perfect.... Yes I think u are right re st patricks, it prob is that new hall by the protestant church. That's pretty close to us too.. I have been driving her to enniskerry every week which is a pain.

that last thread is similar, but seems to have died in 2006.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

I went to Stuart Crampton for many years too. He's a great a teacher and has a lot of kids attending so he's well used teaching them. It's hard to get in though.

I just started going to anothar guy in Bray who's just starting up. It kinda started out on an informal basis but he's taking on more and more people now including a few kids. Pm me if you want his no.

St Patrick's Centre is the hall beside St. Patrick's church. (The COI church on Church Rd). It was built as a parish centre but very much with the whole community in mind and has now become a great venue for all sorts of classes, creches, meetings etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 lainymusic

A new music school just opened in the Greystones studios/theatre. You could check them out, they do classes in most instruments.

Got her into the class in st. pat's. she seems happy so far. thanks all!

Advertisement