Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Call Of Duty 4: Double XP Weekend + 50% off Map Pack

• 11-09-2008 3:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭

just read this on www.codboards.com

the quote below comes from here
    Heads up that this weekend from Friday the 12th - Sunday the 14th on Xbox Live (PS3 event will be later, closer to the 18th), we’ll be having Double XP all weekend long on every playlist. In addition, we’ll be doing some DLC promotion on the Xbox Live Marketplace that will allow you to download the Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Variety Map Pack for 50% off, which means you’ll be able to snag all four maps for just 400 MS points.

That’s not all though, thanks to so many of you who have written in and requested; we’ve been able to work it out to get the Prestige Gamer pic pack back on the marketplace for download for all those who missed out on it’s limited offering during our last LIVE fire weekend.

So you’ll be able to grab gamer pics of every prestige rank after downloading the discounted Variety Map Pack.

Some of the IW crew and myself will be jumping on this weekend to prey on all the new Variety Map Pack owners wandering lost in Chinatown, ripe for the picking. Be sure to add the following Xbox Live gamertags so you can join in on some of the games:

Fourzerotwo

COD4artistWill

COD4qaEd

COD4qaJustin

COD4designerJon

COD4designer1

COD4designer2

COD4studioVince

COD4studioJason

The official Play With Devs time is Noon - 4pm PDT on Saturday, but we’ll be jumping on and off unofficially all weekend long. This is all going down exclusively on Xbox Live this weekend, but don’t worry PS3 players, because we’ll be doing the same for you guys ; but due to schedule conflicts we couldn’t do them back to back so the PS3 weekend will be closer to Sept the 18th (I’ll have a dedicated post for our PS3 users on that event), but you can expect some of the same benefits and festivities

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

New maps are pants in fairness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

They're okay. Chinatown is headwrecking and Creek is for Snipers. I love Broadcast though. Never really played the fourth one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

haven't gotten the maps yet but at 400 points I may finally splash out on them. Looks like it will be a good weekend of COD

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

guess i may aswell download the maps now too,
    i added those names, they all have 0 score and never played a game yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭apkb

the maps arent great nd chinatown is rubbish its just copied fron an old call of duty. i think its time for cod5

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

What they need to do is bring out another 4 new maps soon, not really bothered with Cod5, its just back to the same old boring ww2 stuff we've seen a million times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭tony1212

hey guys, just a quick question, this only started happening yesterday 2 me, when i go and try to have a multiplayer online match, it keeps saying getting match quality, and then it just takes me to the waiting screen, with the picture of of the map, and it says waiting for other players,,,,,,,,,,,

before i would just pick quick team deathmatch, and it would take me into the game,

does any1 have any help 4 me

Advertisement