Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Release Day Game Price List?

Options
  • 11-09-2008 4:36am
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭

we need a way to start having a release day price list of game in all the major retailers, basically I was on a tight schedule and the only proper game shop nearby was gamestop and I wanted to pick up mercs and spore last friday, and mercs was a whopping 70 euro . . . FAIL
    so I just left no way was I paying that nonsensical price but just on my way out I thought wait golden discs have the odd game and lo and behold I saved 10 euro by just going next door so I think it would be great to have some sort of list (and I'd of course want to help) which every friday (release day) has a list maybe stickied and formatted something like

Title:

Gamestop:
    Game:
    HMV:
    Tesco:
    Xtra-Vision:
    Smyths:
    Golden Disks:

etc.

I dunno maybe it's overkill but it just pisses me off like when wii fit came out there was shenanigans.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

Stalker clear sky is 44.99 in game and 30 in Zavvi

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Yes...buying games...

I promise I will post a detailed list of all the game prices I encounter when next I go out shopping for computer games.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Kinda said release day and all I was looking for and also trying to offer was some help,
    like say where I work there is a gamestop, golden disks and a xtra vision so I could throw those up on a friday morning so don't act the prick and actually ****ing read it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

stop m2 55 euro for me:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

gamestop m2 55 euro for me:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

FAIL?...

It is important to give business to irish retailers but you are right not at such silly pricing.
    Its a good idea though, i only wish there was another name on that list who didnt make every attempt to get as much money out of there customers as they can

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I just buy my new games online.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭uglyjohn

i think its a good idea.....it would be handy....but would it work? do you honestly think people would fill it in? maybe im just cynical

Advertisement